Horizon Zero Dawn

Man of Honour
So I'm slowly working my way through, just taking it easy and enjoying the ride.
Do you use the same bow throughout the entire game?
I see you can upgrade it slightly with the mods, but do you get a BFG bow at some point?

At the stage now where some machines are getting a chore to take down.

There are several different types of bow and you can get upgraded versions that have a greater range of arrows. It took me a while to workout. You'll need arrows that focus on the weaknesses of the machines - usually fire tbh.

Associate
There are several different types of bow and you can get upgraded versions that have a greater range of arrows. It took me a while to workout. You'll need arrows that focus on the weaknesses of the machines - usually fire tbh.
Cheers, I will persevere!
Game looks absolutely stunning, like how I would expect the sequel to look on PS5 but we are getting the visuals early (and the framerate!)

Just came across my first screaming chicken robot, the visuals when it screamed were :eek:
The character movement can be clunky which I guess is amplified on a keyboard and mouse vs a controller as your doing everything so much faster, but top draw game, had it on PS4 but couldn't enjoy it with a controller so decided to wait.....along time but totally worth it.
Lets hope it won't be 2024 when we get the sequel on PC.

Man of Honour
Cheers, I will persevere!
Game looks absolutely stunning, like how I would expect the sequel to look on PS5 but we are getting the visuals early (and the framerate!)

Just came across my first screaming chicken robot, the visuals when it screamed were :eek:
The character movement can be clunky which I guess is amplified on a keyboard and mouse vs a controller as your doing everything so much faster, but top draw game, had it on PS4 but couldn't enjoy it with a controller so decided to wait.....along time but totally worth it.
Lets hope it won't be 2024 when we get the sequel on PC.

Its in a different league with a keyboard and mouse.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yep controls are superior with KB/mouse. I used both XB1 controller on PC and KB/mouse and the difference is substantial. Way more precisions with mouse!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Patch 1.05 fixes the full screen issue on launch needing ALT+TAB it seems which is a result, animations smoothness is now unlocked framerate :D

Associate
You know the most annoying thing in this game is the short range for item pickups, and the inability to climb on a lot of the small rock formations to launch your stabby mc stabby strike!

Man of Honour
You know the most annoying thing in this game is the short range for item pickups, and the inability to climb on a lot of the small rock formations to launch your stabby mc stabby strike!

I don't know how far along you are, but later in the game you can find plenty of rocks and ledges to stand on. It almost becomes too powerful since you can take down machines at a huge distance without them being able to spot or get to you.

Associate
Patch 1.05 has hit steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1151640/announcements/detail/2905341481914442320

Not had a chance to play recently but near the end of the main game I think with dlc still to go.

Patch 1.05 has broken the game for me. Now every time it starts it tries to run the optimisation and crashes at 35%. I've tried all the documented fixes online about increasing page size, changing CPU affinity, setting windows to 1080p @60hz but none of them work. Guess i'll just wait until the next patch and hope it fixes it :(

If anyone has fixed a similar issue let me know how you did it please

I really wish there was an option to skip optimisation as that seems to be the cause of lots of peoples problems. Invariably we change our settings afterwards anyway.

Soldato
Just grabbed this and downloading it now! Was interested in this when it launched on the PS4 but i don't really have easy access to a console since i gave my ps4 to my niece so she could play fortnight!

Here i am dreaming the sales from this will goad sony into doing more of this where they eventually launch their exclusives on PC as really the market they have competition with isn't pc it's the other consoles. I haven't played the last of us 2 yet despite the first being one of if not my favourite game of all time i think if it isn't released for pc within 2 years ( there are rumors of it happening ) i will maybe pick up a ps5 with the no doubt by then remastered version.

Soldato
Just grabbed this and downloading it now.

Camera controls is one of the most discussing implementations of camera controls i have ever seen it's making the game almost unplayable for me :( which is a shame as it look glorious at 3440x1440.

I will continue to play it in hopes of getting used to it though i doubt that will be possible when Alloy is so far over to one side and having it constantly change based on what direction i am strafing...

Soldato
Getting used to it a little now after figuring out how to manipulate the camera although it's still absolutely janky and im sure it's not supposed to be how it is!

Enjoying the content quite a lot! The combat situations are very fun :)

Only issue im now having that i don't seem to be able to resolve is that i get a lot of background flickering. Mainly during cutscenes everything that is blurred via DOF flickers every 10 or so seconds. I have tried a few of the purported fixes to no avail. Hopefully a nice new gpu will resolve that issue though i suspect it's software/engine related rather than a hardware issue.

Soldato
This is such a long game. Possibly the best value for money single player game.

I think only the GTA games come close.

I started playing the Tomb Raider trilogy at the same time. On Rise of the Tomb Raider now, will be interesting to see if I finish the trilogy in less time.

It does however put the graphics in perspective. 4K max settings on RotTR is probably better than Horizon Zero Dawn on 4K ultimate. Also reminds me how rubbish SotTR actually was.

Soldato
Grabbed on cd keys yesterday, runs pretty well - I did the digital foundry tweaking

A7503AA3EF0F5FDC447F339C7A99679B1EC066A8

Back
Top Bottom