• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Hot plastic smell from Vega 64?

Associate
I recently bought a Gigabyte Vega 64 from Overclockers, and when under load it gives off a hot plastic smell. Not sure if it's dangerous or just because it's new.

First time I've bought a GPU, I removed the sticker from it with the product number (not realising it was needed for warranty purposes) thinking that the glue holding it down might be the smell (it wasn't). Don't really know what to do.

Please help.

Man of Honour
New electronics can sometimes emit a plasticky electronic smell for the first few hours of use. It's hard for us to say whether the smell is normal or not. I would suggest using for a few hours and then contact the retailer if it doesn't go away.

Let me guess it's the Windforce?

Lol people will never learn :rolleyes:
The OP says it's a Gigabyte.

Associate
Wow, such attitude, that card you linked is the Gigabyte Vega 64 Windforce.

You realise this re-iterates my point that the Windforce is the only Vega 64 Gigabyte currently produce right? :confused:

The Windforce might be the only Gigabyte Vega 64 OCUK currently sells but it's not the only Vega 64 card Gigabyte produced.

Back
Top Bottom