How about a Linux gallery?

Associate
Ubuntu Studio 7.04

LARGE13MAY2.jpg

Associate
OP
^ nice (the Ubuntu one, didn't see the xfce one til after I posted, pretty cool too) :)

Haven't posted one for a while, was just messing with mythtv, not that I have a tv card :p,

Same old window manager, e17 :)

Soldato
Hey cb_linus, is that Engage you have running there as a task bar? How did you get it running with E17? I tried everything but couldn't compile it as a module and i couldn't find a standalone version :(

I really like enlightenment, but i cant use it without a task bar of some kind, and the ibox thing sucks

Associate
OP
It's called itask_ng, and is a module for e17. If you have e17 installed then just do (as a normal user):

Code:
svn co http://itask-module.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ itask-module/itask_ng
cd itask-module/itask_ng/itask_ng/
./autogen.sh
make
make install

and it should show up in e17's modules list, just add it to a full size shelf :) It seems to be under heavy development too, which is probably a good sign :)

edit: there's also e_modules taskbar, which (if I remember correctly) is a bit like the standard taskbar in Windows, KDE, Gnome etc.

Last edited:
Associate
No mate, I have a self built machine and seeing as I use Ubuntu, I opened the Ubuntu homepage :)

Just thought - that doesn't break forum rules does it as they are advertising Dell? I'll stick a new screenshot up if it does!

Soldato
I got so jealous looking at some of the desktops, I wiped out windows on my laptop and slap on ubuntu 7, only to find that is not so easy to customize it.... :mad:

I played to different distro of linux but never gone into deeply, as me and linux have always been an on and off affair... and I mainly keep my macbook and windows desktop standard, so much so that I still use classic style in windows xp.... but I will post a screen shoot as soon as I'm happy with it. - it may take away :mad:

Back
Top Bottom