How are you cleaning your monitors?

Soldato
Got myself the Alienware AW3418DW monitor this week and whilst looking for dead pixels using a microfiber cloth on suspect pixels (dirt) I noticed later when the monitor was turned off lighter smudges I guess where I had been with the cloth.

I was reading to use a damp microfiber cloth and to gently rub the monitor whilst powered off to clean it but it always appears slightly lighter where I have been with the cloth, also I notice a few little circle spots.

These smudges and effected areas are not visible in everyday use and only noticeable if I shine a torch to it whilst powered off, however I would like to be able to clean it as new, just not sure the correct way or what exactly to use? Guessing I need some screen cleaner or something, its an IPS panel if that makes any difference.

So what do you folks use to get a nice clean? I'm kind of apprehensive to clean it any more since it leaves lighter areas.

Thanks

Soldato
Me - Big spray bottle of Antec 3X cleaner and the microfibre cloth that comes with it. Works great on screens, case windows and stuff in general.
My mate - Either the Antec, or he uses whichever mechanic's chemical is closest to hand - Usually isopropyl alcohol or carb cleaner, I believe. Personally I'd stick with the Antec!

Soldato
Karcher Pressure Washer does an amazing job.

My monitor is now obliterated however. Should have used a lower power setting. :(

Soldato
Ecomoist cleanser.
Agreed.

Use it on my screens. Wouldn't use anything else. Safe for lots of coatings etc.

What I've learned is that you have to rub reasonably hard to get it buffed up. It's not just a gentle wipe, but the screens can take it.

At least it is with my massive oled that my 6 year old likes to cover in..Well I've no clue what he manages to get on there actually..

Caporegime
i just use babywipes and a microfibre cloth that's used for cleaning spectacles.

no need to buy something just for monitor use. i use babywipes to clean basically everything.

Associate
Two Microfibre Window and Glass cloth's which are readily available at any supermarket.

I use a damp one for cleaning and the other to dry. Perfect results every time, with no smear etc.

Back
Top Bottom