How Bigs Your Music Collection?

Man of Honour
Tri-Woo-Ox said:
Music Vid's - 1,798 = 96.9 GB

I thought I was bad when I had touching on 40gb of them but then at the same time as I lost some music through a Raid failure I lost all my music videos. No great loss most of them though, Winamp visualisations and the track are as good in most cases.

Soldato
I've got a 200gb drive full of music(backedup onto dvd), but a lot of that is lossless rips of cds, as i'm too lazy to ever want to go through the ripping process again. Then another 40gigs on my laptop.

I'd guess i've anywhere between 5000-12000 tracks, one of my tasks over the summer is to go through and sort all the music out and tidy up the tags, and get it all archived in one folder, with one master set of backup dvds.

Associate
BUSH said:
I'd guess i've anywhere between 5000-12000 tracks, one of my tasks over the summer is to go through and sort all the music out and tidy up the tags, and get it all archived in one folder, with one master set of backup dvds.

Media monkey is good for doing that, Just set it to how you want it arranged e.g "D:\Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Track#> - <Title>" And click auto arrange. DONE!

Tags can also be done through it by right cliking the album and go Auto tag from amazon, also completes album art.

Man of Honour
1.3tb of CD images - roughly 2050 cd's on my server - all taken from originals.

Thats excluding the 320kbps MP3's of the above that are on DVD/CDR/Jaz disk..and the very very few purchased albums...

Oh...and the converted vinyl...thats another couple of hundred albums there...

Yet to do the 78's....dreading that tbh.

Simon/~Flibster

Soldato
westie17 said:
Media monkey is good for doing that, Just set it to how you want it arranged e.g "D:\Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Track#> - <Title>" And click auto arrange. DONE!

Tags can also be done through it by right cliking the album and go Auto tag from amazon, also completes album art.

i'll check it out when the time comes, think i may switch back to using foobar as itunes is dog slow with thousands of songs in a playlist, and uses quite a lot of memory.

Associate
Around 900 songs - not sure at size as they are spread over different hard drives, but 50% are 128k, rest are 160 i think. Most of my music is quite old though (apart from new stuff from itunes) and when i was ripping it i only had a 10 gb hard drive :( so i went for the low quality bitrate

May make use of my 250 gb drive and free time this summer to do an update.

Jet

Jet

Soldato
Raymond Lin said:
I used to be the same, then i went to uni and didn't want to take all the CDs with me. Since i don't have my Seperates at Uni, i don't see the advantage of having CDs when mp3s sounds the same out of my micro hifi when compared to CDs.

Well i'm still living at home whilst at uni so i can still use my seperates. Listening through the PC sounds terrible compared to having the actual CD in a dedicated system.

The main reason I don't have it on my computer anymore though, is because I downgraded to an iPod Nano and then refomatted. It was a little over 20gb then so i doubt it's much more.

Back
Top Bottom