How can a Wacom Tablet cause a full system freeze?

Soldato
Earlier today I had two full complete PC freezes. I booted up windows roughly a minute or two later the PC freezes and then reboots it did it twice in a row. I checked all the connections and decided to disconnect the Wacom tablet and it booted fine and its been running fine all day so far.

I've been having trouble like this for quite a while(several months) just completely random freezes with no rhyme or reason. One week it will be fine no freezes then another while randomly browsing internet a freeze or sometimes when I'm using the Wacom most times I'm not.

I'm not even sure it is the Wacom Tablet responsible but I noticed frequent warnings in the System Event Log that said. "A pointer device has no information about the monitor it's attached to." That warning doesn't seem to correlate with the Crash log's and the crash log just tells me Windows experienced an unexpected reboot.

So could it be the Wacom? I'm going to leave the Wacom disconnected for a couple of days and see how things are. But if so how?, or maybes its just a problem with the USB, somehow. I don't understand it I wish I could figure it because I need to use the Wacom. Any help or advice is appreciated in getting to the bottom of this.

Soldato

I've had similar issues a couple of times with my son's Wacom device over the years. I uninstall the the device/drivers completely (re-boot without it installed) - and then re-installed as a fresh device - that has worked each time, to date. The last major Window's update caused his last issues...

Back
Top Bottom