1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can i change mouse polling rate to 125htz?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by truewraith, 1 Dec 2020.

1. truewraith

Hitman

i have an issue when playing world of warcraft, where when i hold right mouse down to move the camera around etc after so many seconds it releases itself while im still holding it down and it only happens in wow and not on other games and ive tried everything except this....

is it safe and easy to do this?

2. breadturbo

Mobster

125 is usually the standard windows setting without any software as far as I am aware.
    what mouse are you using? on my razer you can set the polling rate in the software 125/500/1000.
    https://zowie.benq.com/en/support/mouse-rate-checker.html
    try that^^ and mouve you mouse left to right very fast

3. truewraith

Hitman

logitech G600. i have looked on so many sites and tried loads of things but i cant find a solution and with playing wow mainly at the moment its a nightmare, but thanks for the reply and i will try that link

4. truewraith

Hitman

with what outcome, it wouldnt go past 964htz

5. breadturbo

Mobster

Okay so you are set 1000hz, you need to install the Logitech Gaming software, in there you will find this.....
    https://prnt.sc/vttm7d

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. truewraith

Hitman

oh right, i never bothered installing that which i should of for sure, ive just downloaded it. so should i set it to 125 which is what i kept seeing on sites.

7. breadturbo

Mobster

In all honesty, I cant see how the polling rate would interfere with clicking as it's just reporting the mouses position so many times per second but you never know.

8. truewraith

Hitman

125 feels like my dpi is in its 1000s lol. way too fast so i guess i have to turn down dpi now which i always have at 2900

9. RossGReds

Gangster

That does sound fast. Not sure about wow but in fps games the pro player always have a low edpi (400-800 dpi)

10. truewraith

Hitman

i always had dpi to 2900 i didnt even know that i could have that low and that the pointer part would make it faster

11. MrRockliffe

Mobster

I think you’re confusing poling rate with something else.

The poling rate is a measure of how many times per second (Hz) the PC looks for an update in mouse movement, with a higher Hz resulting in a quicker response to a click.

This is different from PS/2 connection where the mouse would, instead, interrupt whatever is going on to update the PC with new info.

12. truewraith

Hitman

oh wow the strange thing is that it seams to work so far which is awesome thanks. i will try it some more of course.

13. breadturbo

Mobster

DPI will depend on resolution, I can't have mine less than 6000 on a 4k screen of it takes more than one movement of the mouse to get from one side of the other.