How do I force blueyonder to accept it's their problem?

Associate
OK, quick situation outline. This is happening on 3 seperate computers, at 3 seperate houses that I know of.

The internet stops working intermittently. The only way to get it back is to either power the modem off and on or do a hard reset. This happens if the modem is connected via USB, Ethernet or Ethernet to a router.

One thing I have noticed is that the frequency on the modem appears to be incorrect in all situations.

Telewest deny they have a problem, and it's a little difficult to get your point across when you're talking to India who are reading from a script.

What do I do? Anyone have a solution? Is it the modem or the line?

I can guarantee that the PCs are not at fault.

Thanks

Soldato
What do the modem logs say ?

If it's a frequency issue it's a doddle to fix but it does vary from area to area so you'd need them to tell you the correct frequency, the modem does auto scan but if it looses lock re-aquireing it can be a painfully long process.

It seems to be pot luck if you get through to Knowsley or india atm. Sadly the indian side of operations is not up to it, i'm not making generalisations about indian call centres but this lot are still very new and haven't got a clue, they'll tell you that you have an area outage when you don't and generally seem not to understand the specifics of a cable system.

Associate
I'd also try posting to the blueyonder support newsgroup.

If you post your account name and signal details from 192.168.100.1 they are pretty quick to respond.

At least you won't have to go via the wonderful phone support.

Think the group is blueyonder.support.high-speed.

Also comforting to read the support groups to realise you aren't alone with terrible problems hehe.

Associate
Have you got them to come out and check the line, I know that they have filters that go onto the white box on the internal connection. This is the same for the TV, and internet connection.

Blueyonder have a support page, that tests all the frequancies and other tech info that an engineer would need.

Sorry I cant remember the address but it has happened to me in the past and they came out checked the line and added the correct filters to resolve the issue.

Back
Top Bottom