1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i get rid of raid in bios???

Discussion in 'Storage Drives' started by ICE Master, 19 Jan 2006.

1. ICE Master

Hitman

ive bought a controller card for me to add another hard drive into my computer, sata. added this card and it wants raid stuff i do not want raid whats so ever, just able to add another drive. in bios it comes uip with raid and wants this hd to be accessed for boot but i dont want it to, i just want to remove riad from bios, therefore can boot up as normal with an extra hd?

Thank you

2. mattio1980

Gangster

u have to have the os drive on the card then change the boot priorty to add in cards first then it will work too me ages to work this out think it's the only way u can do it

3. ICE Master

Hitman

what u mean os drive? the add in cards is priority but i dont want it to be so i shall try and change it

4. ICE Master

Hitman

the drive os, have the hd thats got the os installed on it on the controller card and havethe one im trying to put in on normal sata connection on the motherboard

5. mattio1980

Gangster

u cant stop the raid on the add-in card so u have to have the os on the io card (main c drive ) then turn off the raid card on the mobo

6. ICE Master

Hitman

i think ive sorted it thanks it was down to the boot up thing, i put it last and my hd with os on as 1st and that seems to work.