How do I kill a great big wasp?

Associate
Whenever I have a wasp in my house, I tend to wield a badminton racquet. I haven't yet brought myself to hit one with it so I don't know how effective it would be. Usually end up opening a window and hoping it'll fly out (without any more getting in)!

Soldato
easy,
1)little bait on tongue
2) await wasp
3) when wasp lands on tongue close mouth and chew
4) digest, and repeat steps 1 to 3 until your full
5) repeat steps 1 to 4 through out the generations and hopefully human will evolve in to wasp traps, and wasps should be extinct soon enough.

Soldato
Those wasp killing tennis rackets suck.

This morning I zapped one on the window, and it took 2minutes 35 seconds from impact to confirmed termination. There was also a nice smell of burning insect.

Seriously though, if you just zap them and move it away, it only stuns them. I made this mistake with a hornet last year and my god it sounded like a helicopter on steroids was going round my room. I had to leave and come back with a paint ball mask just in case it went for the headshot.

Suspended
Nevermind wasps, here i am lying in bed and about 5min ago i turned round to see a ruddy great big spider in my face on the wall next to me.

Went to smack it with a marvel comic i had to hand but it fell down the side of my bed before i made contact.

Now he knows i have it in for him, i'm sure he will wait for me to go to sleep then come back to eat my face off.

Associate
I have bug spray in my house thats meant to kill wasps,

it quite easily kills flies, but the wasps we get in this house are massive, and after half a can of spray they are still living...

need to get some damn net curtains, either that or air conditioning, not looking forward to the summer :(

had to open my window fo rthe first time today, was like a sauna in here

Soldato
Maxi said:
Nevermind wasps, here i am lying in bed and about 5min ago i turned round to see a ruddy great big spider in my face on the wall next to me.

Went to smack it with a marvel comic i had to hand but it fell down the side of my bed before i made contact.

Now he knows i have it in for him, i'm sure he will wait for me to go to sleep then come back to eat my face off.

There goes my nights sleep....thanks :p

Permabanned
As already stated by the more civilized members of the forum the best and easiest option is to simply trap it in a pint glass / jar and then slide a piece of card under it and release out-side.
What’s with all this unnecessary and quite frankly cowardly killing/torturing of small creatures? :confused: Does it make you feel good, tough, hard? TBH it makes you look like a cruel pathetic coward

Associate
M0t0r0la said:
As already stated by the more civilized members of the forum the best and easiest option is to simply trap it in a pint glass / jar and then slide a piece of card under it and release out-side.
What’s with all this unnecessary and quite frankly cowardly killing/torturing of small creatures? :confused: Does it make you feel good, tough, hard? TBH it makes you look like a cruel pathetic coward
No, it's because we are scared (albeit irrationally) of black and yellow striped insects with painful stingers buzzing around our houses. It's our natural survival instincts kicking in, and sometimes no matter how much you try to tell yourself that it's more scared of you than you are of it, it doesn't help.

Hitting it with something heavy makes the problem go away. Trapping it in a glass jar just means you have to get closer to the evil beast. Doesn't help that the glass distorts them to make them look even nastier. :(

Permabanned
M0t0r0la said:

Allbeit I don't actually kill spiders or bee's etc mainly because bee's are a benefit and they in general don't attack and spiders in this country as far as I know don't "sting" or poison and what not, sure they may be in your house etc but they don't cause harm.

Wasps on the other hand I hate, I have been stung tons of times, for no reason, they suck. Also what benefit are wasps? not like they do anything anyway but cause harm and annoy.

Soldato
The common house spider is one of the most deadly spiders on the planet, its "venom" is deadly, it just (Thank christ) doesn't have sharp or big enough fangs to penetrate human flesh!

Still scare the crap out of me!

Back
Top Bottom