How do I kill a great big wasp?

Don
M0t0r0la said:
As already stated by the more civilized members of the forum the best and easiest option is to simply trap it in a pint glass / jar and then slide a piece of card under it and release out-side.
What’s with all this unnecessary and quite frankly cowardly killing/torturing of small creatures? :confused: Does it make you feel good, tough, hard? TBH it makes you look like a cruel pathetic coward

whoa there tonto, you've just fallen off your high horse!

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Ivan Drago said:
The common house spider is one of the most deadly spiders on the planet, its "venom" is deadly, it just (Thank christ) doesn't have sharp or big enough fangs to penetrate human flesh!

Still scare the crap out of me!

mythbusters did this one..its not true

Associate
Hit it with one of these:

keyboard500.jpg

Soldato
Hellsmk2 said:
You should kill it on the basis that it could be your mother-in-law.

There thats better.

Do what we did at Uni (many years ago) catch it. Put it in liquid Nitrogen. Shatter it to pieces with a hammer. It didnt feel a thing. :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Throw a glass of red wine it its face and call its queen wasp a "bloated whore" if the wasp has any honor it will call you out.

Then its simply a matter of Pistols or cold steel at dawn.

OR

I cant believe some was asking how to kill a wasp??? **** it with a newspaper or suck it into a vacuum cleaner

Associate
hilly said:
catch it, freeze it, tie a string to it, warm it back up and use it as a pet.......

i once saw this in a book of things to do was using flys instead anyway said to get bout 7-8 flys put um in fridge. when the go all sleepy stick em to an ice lolly stick then when they wake up they'll cary the stick. dunno if it works though .

Soldato
Set it free!!
Any wasp you see around at the moment will be a Queen - hence the size of this thing as described.
We are too early in the year (even with global warming) for this to be a drone.
That Queen will become a nest - potentially thousands of wasps.
Wasps are a pest, they give us nothing what so ever so I'm afraid the only option for that is death.
Now, if it had been a Bee - something which isn't naturally aggressive and would give us honey then fine, rescue it.

Associate
you could open your freezer door, smear jam over the inside

The big phat wasp will then unsuspectingly fly in and you close the door!

after 5min open the door and tie a lead around its neck, then take it for a walk :p

Back
Top Bottom