How do I kill a great big wasp?

Man of Honour
Mr Nice said:
Anyone mentioned mustard yet?

Why? We don't want a queen wasp with a giant beard do we? ;)

I just don't get why so many people are afraid of wasps, unless you are allergic or perhaps there is a swarm of killer hornets coming towards you there is very little harm they will do you although in either of these cases you have my permission to run away screaming like a wuss. It is a pretty brief bit of pain even if you are stung and usually disappears equally fast.

Man of Honour
da_mic_1530 said:
only thing i hate about summer, although sad and girly, im terrified of wasps, can deal with any other kind of creepy crawly

Same mate

The other day we were sat in the beer garden of the local pub and these wasps kept flying right next to me, being the wimp I am when it comes to wasps, I'd get up and move away while being laughed at by everyone else at my table

If I'm honest, its only cause if the wasp stings me, I'm only going to have to sting it twice as hard back, so you know, just trying to minimise the violence

Associate
Video yourself sitting in the middle of the room, and catch it with a pair of chopsticks. Like on that Karate Kid film. Post it here, maximum respect points.

I killed a queen wasp two nights ago, biggest wasp I'd seen, was like a really fat daddy long-legs.
Fly killer spray + slipper = result. :)

Caporegime
Just had this convo on msn

Raymondo says (20:53): where is the ants located?
Raymondo says (20:53):kitchen ?
She says (20:53): yea
Raymondo says (20:54): spray and spray
She says (20:54): i have
Raymondo says (20:54): its the warm weather
She says (20:54): but the buggers come back
She says (20:54): yea
Raymondo says (20:55): boiling water?
She says (20:55): im gona have to put that powder stuff down methnks
Raymondo says (20:55): or get smoe sealant and put it in the hole
She says (20:55): they have been on our work surface aswell so what i did the other day was put a spoonful of sugar down...attract the buggers...then boil them!

I was :eek: but i had to laugh lol

Caporegime
calnen said:
Hi there
After opening all the windows earlier, there's a huge big wasp (Hornet?) that seems to have set up camp in my lounge. It sits on the light fitting most of the time, but occasionally buzzes around the room and settles down again after we've run away.

It has to die.

I dont like being stung by these things, and we've tried opening the windows again but it seems happiest in here (lol). So how do I kill it? I cant squash it as its on a paper surface. Wil l deoderant do the job? (definately?) or is there another miracle, guarenteed solution?

Sod the wasp you need serious help im afraid.

Back
Top Bottom