1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I permanently disable proceses?

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Energize, 20 Feb 2006.

1. Energize

Caporegime

Cli.exe has been slowing my pc down for some reason, disabling it fixes the problem. How do I permanently disable it?

2. Dirk

Wise Guy

A quick Google and....

"What is it?
    ATI Catalyst - cli.exe

What does cli.exe do?
    cli.exe quote's are from the startup DB. There are 2 primary listings. One is called cli.exe systemtray and it is:
    "System Tray access to ATI's CATALYST? CONTROL CENTER. Note that this has "SystemTray" appended to CLI.exe in the "Command" column of MSCONFIG. Not required to run the control center - which is available via a right-click on the desktop"

The second entry is called cli.exe runtime.
    "ATI's CATALYST? CONTROL CENTER. Required if you want to change graphics settings on a regular basis but you must have internet access and Microsoft's .NET framework installed. Note that this has "runtime" appended to cli.exe in the "Command" column of MSCONFIG. If not you can start the program manually via Start -> Programs -> ATI Catalyst Control Center -> Advanced -> Restart Runtime "

Neither is needed by windows."

So after checking to see if it is needed, which it's not, you need to stop it starting every time you reboot. This can be done using the msconfig function in windows but this is better..http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Once installed it can be found via Control Panel

3. Energize

Caporegime

I found out what it was I just needed to know howto diable it without outside apps ;)

4. Dirk

Wise Guy

5. Energize

Caporegime

Thanks.