How do you dry superglue quickly, heat or cool it?

Associate
monkeypants said:
Hahaha, no. I just have knowledge. :D

This is true, the first varient of superglue was designed during the Vietnam war to literally glue wounded soldiers back together. You ever noticed how it sticks instantly when you get it on your fingers or hands???

Oh and to answer your original question about what will dry it the quickest is actually moisture..... yes loveley water!!!!

When it comes into contact with water it sets off some kind of chemical reaction which causes the glue to harden :D

Soldato
chrislocalboy said:
This is true, the first varient of superglue was designed during the Vietnam war to literally glue wounded soldiers back together. You ever noticed how it sticks instantly when you get it on your fingers or hands???

Oh and to answer your original question about what will dry it the quickest is actually moisture..... yes loveley water!!!!

When it comes into contact with water it sets off some kind of chemical reaction which causes the glue to harden :D

damn it i read downt he whole thread before i posted the same thing as you !! beat me to it by one post :(

but yes guys to confirm, it is moisture tht sets superglue off, breathiung hevily on it is sometimes the best way... just dont inhail or you will passout lol, and stick ** head to the table :p

the activatior you can buy is awsome too, but gets right on the back pf ** throat if ** not used to it !

but no... CA deffo isnt the type of thign you want to be using here

Man of Honour
chrislocalboy said:

Correct - it's called "hydroxyl-ion setting". Acrylic paints are the same - some sprayers dry the stuff by dribbling water over the surface after they've sprayed. In the case of superglue, just breath gently on it: your breath contains loads of water vapour.

And also correct are the people who pointed out that it's the wrong stuff for the job.

M

Back
Top Bottom