How do you rate this forums growth/evolution since you joined?

Soldato
A couple of members today (Mat and Admiral Huddy) said my posts are often rubbish. I'm going to need to watch myself going forwards to make sure I'm not part of the problem. I think at times I can get too argumentative and I should just let things go. It's not always easy to do it.

Soldato
A couple of members today (Mat and Admiral Huddy) said my posts are often rubbish. I'm going to need to watch myself going forwards to make sure I'm not part of the problem. I think at times I can get too argumentative and I should just let things go. It's not always easy to do it.

[bait] You're not argumentative. And you smell of wee. [/bait]

:p

Soldato
The forums are run very well,Ever since Ive been here never seen for forum go down or seen any spam.

Occasionally people can be very rude & try to be clever with their replies..a good recent example.
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18422318
(Check out the amount of deleted comments.)

Also the Mod team can be a bit OTT with their warnings/Infractions for such little things but.....:p

I like this place because its UK based,The members market is really good especially with the feedback system and all.

Associate
I haven't been on here long but things don't seem to have changed much since I joined. Most posts are good natured, you do get an idiot posting every now and again but that's the same with all forums. One thing I like about this forum more than others is that there are some jokers on here and you get a good laugh and some of the whit/sarcasm in the posts :D

Soldato

Nice to hear you've taken it on board. Not many people here are willing to admit their wrongs... so respect y0! :p

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
A small proportion of old members who don't feel "comfortable" (whatever that means) do not make or break the forum. I've seen this kind of thing on various forums more than a few times... it's a time of transition, everyone (usually the oldies who are used to the way things were and don't like the change) moans about it, then a year passes and business carries on as usual.

We are talking about the Community not just old or new members, Well I was anyway. It's a link between Old & New that keeps things going not forgetting the old & accepting a watered down new version.

Caporegime
But if the members don't feel comfortable or the same as it's been then there is no community.

Just check some of the main posters Daily post counts now to what they were 6 months ago.

that's not because spies gone though.

Forums improved slightly once he was gone tbh.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
It's not as simple as just when Spie went it's how the next lot take over/took over/introduced themselves/became a part of the community or Didn't. How the forums have felt since the take over.
Think about it as a take over rather than a single person leaving & then think about how the forums feel now compared to how they were before. One thing's for sure I have never waited for a page to load in All my years here until After the take over & that's just for starters.

Soldato
The forums are run very well,Ever since Ive been here never seen for forum go down or seen any spam.

Occasionally people can be very rude & try to be clever with their replies..a good recent example.
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18422318
(Check out the amount of deleted comments.)

Also the Mod team can be a bit OTT with their warnings/Infractions for such little things but.....:p

I like this place because its UK based,The members market is really good especially with the feedback system and all.

Wish I didn't click that link the OP has the same user name as me! Lol. Are we allowed names with one letter different "-".

Associate
Always thought these forums were well run and well moderated. I like not having animated avatars, sigs, etc. Keeps the place clean and easily readable.

Thumbs up from me, for as long as I've been coming here.

Sometimes there's a tendency here to be right-wing and anti-religion, to the extreme, but generally posts are good natured.

This. I lost my first account years ago when i lost my email but I've been around a while now. I find the forums as a whole the answer to everything. Its a google in a way where if that doesnt have an answer someone here will.
Theres a lot of random topics that actually I find an intresting read.

Its a large community base and so the answer is only really a search away, and if you want a discussion about whats hot, new or general concerns you can either make a topic or post in one thats generally already made.

Soldato
Not sure much has changed. There used to be a main stream of core members that have since left, organising many meets etc..The only big difference I've noticed is the lack of tolerance toward other members, mainly accusing each other of trolling etc.. I don't remember this being such an problem when I first joined. I don't like seing individuals singled out.

its the fashionable thing to do at the moment isn't to moan about trolls, half the time I read this or that about Internet trolls I despair. F F S grow some balls or stop posting **** about yourself on narcissistic social media sites, its hard is it?

Soldato
It's had it's ups and downs, but on the whole it's a great forum, it's the only place i come to on a daily basis. I love the fact you can come on here and have a conversation with someone, no matter the time or date, it's always busy. Excellent forum on the whole.

Caporegime
We are talking about the Community not just old or new members, Well I was anyway. It's a link between Old & New that keeps things going not forgetting the old & accepting a watered down new version.

I haven't noticed any difference personally, and i'm not sure how the forum is now "watered down" just because it's changed hands. I think this "big difference" is confined to the minds of a minority.

Man of Honour

I don't recall ever saying that your posts are rubbish mate, forgive me if that's how it came over..I merely pointed out that if you have a problem with someones posting, not to take it to a personal level. That's all which you seemed to have taken on and that's appreciated :)

We all have quirky posting styles, but the diversity of which is what makes the forums so fun :)

Man of Honour
I can't see much difference to be honest from when I first joined.
It's wrong that all the best posters have been banned just because they make stupid threads that entertain.
Too many people shouting for bans giving the Mods something to do.
If the likes of Kwerk and other such posters get on your nerves then simply don't post in their threads.

Soldato
I don't recall ever saying that your posts are rubbish mate, forgive me if that's how it came over..I merely pointed out that if you have a problem with someones posting, not to take it to a personal level. That's all which you seemed to have taken on and that's appreciated :)

We all have quirky posting styles, but the diversity of which is what makes the forums so fun :)

When you deleted a post today from someone saying my posts were bad, you left a note on it saying you agreed.

Back
Top Bottom