How do you spell...

Associate
Never seem 'dimlena' before and I have a thing about British English. For example, I spell recognize with a 'z' as that is the proper way to go about it.

I await the flaming, but please do your research beforehand as you will not win this.
You also can't spell.

Associate
Backwards school?
Nope, just one of those things it seems. 'Dilemma' is clearly the correct spelling and has precedence, but some people have been and seemingly still get taught to spell it 'dilemna'. I don't think it's a localised thing either as I've been schooled in different places and read a fair bit.

Soldato
Never seem 'dimlena' before and I have a thing about British English. For example, I spell recognize with a 'z' as that is the proper way to go about it.

I await the flaming, but please do your research beforehand as you will not win this.

Interesting you should say do your research.
Some articles do make for interesting reading
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Manual_of_Style_(spelling)/Archive_4

If you spell with z as it is the 'proper' way to go about it, how do you spell organisation/organization?

I tend to use 'z' in most instances, but not in all.

Soldato
Indeed from my knowledge "Z" was used quite a bit, possibly more so than "S" but once those dirty yanks started using it we preferred to be associated with the French or something?

talking about ize vs ise obviously.

Their lack of faith in the letter U however is totally wrong and it is ENGLISH. We can do what we like.

Soldato
Indeed from my knowledge "Z" was used quite a bit, possibly more so than "S" but once those dirty yanks started using it we preferred to be associated with the French or something?

talking about ize vs ise obviously.

Their lack of faith in the letter U however is totally wrong and it is ENGLISH. We can do what we like.

What do thye have against the letter U?

They dislike OE and AE also
oesophagus, esophagus
paediatrics, pediatrics

Back
Top Bottom