How Far Can I Overclock This ...

Associate
AMD 6000+ 3Ghz Dual Core - Stock Heatsink & Fan.

Im asking the question as i just discovered the settings in the bios (Asus M2N SLi) so clocked it up 9% and got no problems at all doing anything. Just how far is it safe to go without risking damage ...

Soldato
That's for you to find out, i wouldn't overclock much at all on a stock cooler...

You have to find the right voltage and FSB speed (or simply multiplier if it's unlocked) to get it to the speed you want. Then you have to restart it and boot into the OS, where you should run CoreTemp or RealTemp at the same time as a stressing program, such as Prime95 or IBT. If your system crashes during a test then it's not stable, you should go back and either up the voltage or lower the overclock. If it's stable then try upping the overclock or lowering the voltage.

Associate
OP
cheers m8 i aint overclocked a system since i had a mighty athlon 1700 LOL! I have the option to overclock in 3% stages and have gone up 9% with no failing on prime95. a bit more homework to be done i think lol.

Soldato
If its 6000 3ghz it will be the windsor core, very hot chip and poor overclocker i had mine to 3.3ghz before heat was a problem and then i got the brisbane core which hit 3.5ghz both cooled by mugen infinity on Asus MN32SLI

Back
Top Bottom