How fast is fast enough?

Soldato
Clarkey said:
I said RWD ;) Doesn't take much to overcome FWD traction.

It does in 3rd gear. :)

You would be surprised. My car has about 200bhp at the moment, and doesn't spin in 1st unless you dump the clutch, and thats FWD.

Soldato
I'm not really fussed anymore. Don't see the point. For me I'm actually looking to move to Manchester City Centre, I work in Wigan so would actually probably end up leaving my car here at my parents and occasionally staying here during the week.

I'm actually considering chopping in my GTi6 as I don't NEED it anymore. :( Love it to bits but I can't be bothered spending money on it.

Get thinking of ideas for me people - something cheap but also is comfy and looks half decent! :p Thread soon!

Wise Guy
Permabanned
eidolon said:
Fast in a straight line is boring, fast in the twisties is much more fun hence why I now own an Elise :)
The DB9 isn't exactly slow through corners, though it isn't intended to be a lightweight sportscar. It's down to pesonal preference, I'd say. And though the Volante handles extremely well, the Coupe is subtly but significantly better.

But DB9 buyers aren't after the Elise experience. They're after something different. Perhaps less raw, and perhaps that means less fun, but it certainly means more refined.

Horses for courses, init. :D

Man of Honour
If it's fun then it's fast enough.

The most er... apprehensive I've been in a car (and I'm a great passenger) was in a Fiesta Supersport with a BVH and coilovers - probably about 80bhp at a push but when we went flat in 3rd down a gravel lane about 6 inches wider than the car it still ranks as one of the most exhilirating car journeys I've been on.

Man of Honour
Ollie's Gadgets said:
I always find it odd how the fastest cars on the road never seem to actually be driven that quickly.

Any thoughts?

Owners of proper cars have nothing to prove, and owners of expensive fast cars are generally old enough to realise that caning it down the M1 at 120mph is largely pointless, as is wazzing around town at 60 in a 30.

Permabanned
Garrett said:
Has he tested it?

Many aren't limitted that exactly, some end up at 166mph for some reason

It's a new estate by a German company renowned for making very fast four wheel drive estates...

...And he hasn't taken it past 140. Wimp. ;)

*n

Back
Top Bottom