How fussy are you on parking?

Soldato
I pretty much always reverse park into bays if possible (ie not the angled ones) because:

1 Its safer coming out
2 It looks nicer
3 I was crap at it preparing for my driving test (15 years ago) and still practicing

The exception being shopping if I can't open the boot, although I've got a lift able rear window so it doesn't always stop me.

At work we have to reverse park into bays (parking policy for company sites) however if I go shopping with the kids in tow it's 99% of the time I have to park nose first as most of the parent/child parking either has a wall or a bollard which would prevent me from opening the boot (estate). It does irritate me somewhat as I then have to reverse out which puts the kids into oncoming first.

Soldato
At work we have to reverse park into bays (parking policy for company sites) however if I go shopping with the kids in tow it's 99% of the time I have to park nose first as most of the parent/child parking either has a wall or a bollard which would prevent me from opening the boot (estate). It does irritate me somewhat as I then have to reverse out which puts the kids into oncoming first.
Don't work for Sytner do you? I used to and that was their policy..

Soldato
Nah I work for FirstGroup. Sites tend to be garages/depots with buses moving around a lot so they don't want people reversing into the path of an oncoming bus, apparently there was a time before the policy and it happened.
It's a sensible policy but like you said its not easy to open the boot in an estate in a lot of shop car parks.

Associate
Reverse parking, far from SUV or people carrier (S-Max, etc) and any badly parked car. A quick look inside the car parked next to me if leaving the car for long. Usually a car filled with rubbish is an alert to me. OCD, sorry.

Associate
Sometimes you can’t be too fussy, had to do this every day for a week and the positioning was the least of my worries :p

C55-D6349-E3-C2-4446-BB4-C-AED9-B514-D4-A5.jpg
Reminds me of a multi storey in Valencia. 1,000 point turns to get in and out.

Reverse parking, far from SUV or people carrier (S-Max, etc) and any badly parked car. A quick look inside the car parked next to me if leaving the car for long. Usually a car filled with rubbish is an alert to me. OCD, sorry.
At least their rubbish won't get on your car?

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Mate of mine is a very nice and cuddly bloke and he always parked right over the far side of carpark - when he came back all these cars were parked all round him cuddling his range rover - it really used to pee him off. Good thing though, they wasn't womens cars as they probaly couldn't walk the distance to the shops.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I guess it depends what you drive ;) I may have done similar to teach people a lesson but that was in a car I didn't care about.

Well, I wouldn't do it in the Westfield or the Mondeo Titanium X Sport, but in my 150k Mondeo estate......

But I've never done anything like that anyway......

Soldato
The worst places to park are the few closest rows to the entrance. That's where you get the derpy lot. Who luckily happen to be lazy :p

But having a banger to go shopping etc in makes it worry free. If someone bumps it I don't care, they can claim for the damage on their own insurance if they want but I just won't bother.

Soldato
I have to say, since having a child and access to parent and child parking, it's brilliant!

Even if you end up parking next to some unnecessary, oversized SUV driven by an idiot, the spaces are far wider than standard so no issues getting in and out.

Caporegime
Doing the day job, you have to be pretty precise with regard to parking in a straight line especially with a 45ft long trailer, if you don’t, you won’t be lined up correctly for a loading bay dock ramp for example.

As a consequence of this, I tend to just dump my car wherever I guess as an antidote to having to be precise with the truck. :o :D

NpPwz4H.jpg

7P1mmkz.jpg
if the truck isn’t level with the white line (if there even is one!) then your not lined up with the dock.... :)

Back
Top Bottom