• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How good can you make 1366x768 look?

Man of Honour
1366x768 will look fine for gaming with the AA ramped up.

The real problem is that for desktop usage it's a bit too low, on a screen of that size I'd say you really need 1920x1200 as a bare minimum. I'd definitely go for a 26" over 32".

As a side issue I think this thread just serves to illustrate some of the problems with TFT technology in terms of native resolutions causing a bit of hassle. A 22" CRT for example is great for high resolution desktop work, yet for gaming you can drop the resolution down if you need more performance, and still have a 'perfect' image.

Suspended
im considering going from a 20.1" widescreen belina to a 32" hdtv, not too sure bout the res change though. Been using the belina on 1680x1050 since I got it, and a switch from that to 1366x768 is making me rethink. Anyone got any photos of their lcd tv's running as a pc monitor? Im currently running 1024x768 to get a faint idea og what 1366x768 would be, cant seem to set that particular res on my 7800gtx

Soldato
HangTime said:
As a side issue I think this thread just serves to illustrate some of the problems with TFT technology in terms of native resolutions causing a bit of hassle. A 22" CRT for example is great for high resolution desktop work, yet for gaming you can drop the resolution down if you need more performance, and still have a 'perfect' image.

Good Point! mapping to part pixels makes a TFT look nearly as bad as a CRT !! ;) for text, and the Tv's not being full pc monitors lack all the resolutions support of normal pC monitor although as far as I am concerned You run a TFT panel at Native res only !, I will say my Philips scale 800x600 1024x768 & 1280x768 inputs very well also things like 1600x1200 work

a 26" 1366x768 would not want to be closer than about 2-4 feet away
in honesty You would like the gaming but miss Your 24" desktop

Back
Top Bottom