How good is mythbusters?

Man of Honour
I think it's good, BUT I don't like the build team.

I love Jamie and Adam, (especially Jamie).

Grant is pretty great, but tori and kari really annoy me (especially the later). I much preferred Scottie Chapman, as Kari just seems pointless half the time, and Tori just there as a "lolz, I can hurt myself" person.

With that said, I am a huge fan of the show.

Kari is one of the best eye candy on tv.. Can't get rid of her.

Deleted member 61728

D

Deleted member 61728

Love the show seen every episode at least twice one of the best shows on atm tbh.Must be running out of myths soon most of the good ones have already been shown.Just hope the quality doesn't drop even more in seasons to come.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
think it's a brilliant show.

utterly epic show, except for that rather ill advised attempt the beeb had at running the show on BBC2.

they cut the EP's down to 30mins, taking out all the trial & error experimentation stuff, changed the incidental music to an almost constant background of indie stuff, & changed the narrator to some z lister ( might have been Richard Bacon, or some one of that ilk ). in short, they took a successful & quirky show & utterly screwed it up.

thankfully Discovery channel know well enough to leave it alone.

Man of Honour
Really missed that, they could easily cut it down to 30 minutes as longs they didn't mess around with it. Take adverts out and what's going to happen what has happened. And your probably already down to that if not under.

Man of Honour
Yeah I thought once they had the masks delivered they would make them fit better and work on the finer details :(

They need to use some one with a head smaller thn there's, but hd similar build especially neck. Then tke a mould of their head and make the mask fit, not base it on a standard mould, that will never work.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Really missed that, they could easily cut it down to 30 minutes as longs they didn't mess around with it. Take adverts out and what's going to happen what has happened. And your probably already down to that if not under.

well taking out just the adverts & nothing else, gets you down to 43mins.

MB_runtime.jpg

if you take out the multiple after adverts recaps, & trim down the credits as well, you might well get it down to 30mins with out damaging the flow of the show as it where. in fact i haven't edited Monday nights yet so i'll give it a go just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Soldato
This.

Kari is useless, all she does is mug at the camera and hope her looks distract everyone from the fact she's crap. Scottie was hot and she could build stuff....dumbest idea ever to get rid of her!

Did they get rid of her? I'd heard she just didn't want the fame that Mythbusters gave her?

Either way, Kari uses a gun and it's like "OMG I can shoot things lolz". Pretty much she's reduced to "I can paint things and make 'em look pretty!"

I liked Jesse as she reminded me of Kari, she actually *DID* stuff. She was a bit annoying, but at least I felt she was helping out. As it is how I see it:

Kari = useless
Tori = Doesn't do much other than lift things, weld the odd thing and hurt hijmself
Grant = Makes everything complicated, and also somehow manages to do everything else.

Jamie and Adam are often the only two I bother to really watch now, Jamie particularly entertains me.

Associate
The one thing I can't stand is that they always do one thing wrong and I am left sitting there yelling at the TV (not literally) that they've missed some small but important detail or done the experiment in such an artificial way as to make it useless or inaccurate. It's hard to put my finger on it but they frequently seem to do things wrong or gloss over something.

Soldato
The one thing I can't stand is that they always do one thing wrong and I am left sitting there yelling at the TV (not literally) that they've missed some small but important detail or done the experiment in such an artificial way as to make it useless or inaccurate. It's hard to put my finger on it but they frequently seem to do things wrong or gloss over something.

That's the one thing that I've noticed, especially when they do the 'death ray' episode, which they have even gone back to, and every time they use flat mirrors, and claim that it doesn't work.. when there is no end of evidence that even with a slight curve (as you would have found on greek shields of the time) would result in the effect that they want..

Soldato
Kari = useless
Tori = Doesn't do much other than lift things, weld the odd thing and hurt hijmself
Grant = Makes everything complicated, and also somehow manages to do everything else.

Personally I think Grant and Tory are really funny and have great interplay. Kari, not so much but she's preferable to Scotty who kept being severely un-funny. I also wonder if Tory and Kari dated at some point, as there's one season where they're really at each others' throats and I wondered if that was post-breakup.

Baz

Baz

Soldato
I was left yelling at the Hitler bunker myth..

the underground one failed to kill him as well, the pressure wasn't much more than the open one. No fricking do do, the doors got blown off.... wasn't a sealed room.

anyway... Last nights was funny.

Back
Top Bottom