How Hard are You?

Associate
I got battered when I was younger by some of the local neds so never thought I was that hard.

Years later when working in and running bars and nightclubs I stood toe to toe with doorstaff facing down groups of drunken idiots, threw "hard men" out of bars when there was no doorstaff dealt with more violence and aggressive behaviour than I care to remember. Had knives pulled on me and even a petrol bomb thrown through the front door.

People who worked with me always commented that I would take no **** but I never thought of myself as hard and I still dont profess to be hard.

Its all a matter of opinion I guess. If I saw a friend/member of staff in trouble I would not think twice before stepping in to help. If I get a beating trying to do the right thing then so be it (I have had a few).

I would always look for the diplomatic way out of any situation but if it came down to it and the other party is clearly not giving me an option then I will defend me and mine. That is not to say I am reckless and dont value my life or my health, i do. However I am not "afraid" of violence directed against me which I think in most cases is half the battle.

/Salsa

Last edited:
Associate
I'm over six foot and close to 18 st but fit, I ride mountain bikes and slug it out on my punch bag to keep me from getting to stodgy but I am a lover not a fighter. As soft as a bowl of custard some would say. I love fluffy kittens and cute stuff..no I don't like listening ABBA.

Caporegime
Just one. It was a mate though so doesn't really count. Also, I didnt really get him that great so stuck a butter knife in his leg to make up for it. True story.

You dont have to worry though Sonny. You seem an alright chap.

Why would you stab a "mate" in the throat with a fork, then follow up in the leg with a butter knife?

I would give a mate a good talking to if he was out of order, but i wouldn't go out of my way to actually wound or maim them. Unless they had tried to do the same to me, therefore its highly unlikely that he would be my mate in the first place.

Soldato
I don't know if its because I'm getting older but I'd avoid a fight at all costs. There is no good outcome. Either you end up with a smashed up face and can't chew for a week, or you smash someone else's face up and possibly end up in jail. Then there's the chance the other person grabs a bottle or a knife, or their friends jump in.

Soldato
I like to think I can defend myself quite well, and often consider the possibility of having to before going out.

Trueth is you don't really know until you are forced too. Which thankfully, is something that just never happens where I live.

I tend to avoid situations where it could become a reality.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I don't know if its because I'm getting older but I'd avoid a fight at all costs. There is no good outcome. Either you end up with a smashed up face and can't chew for a week, or you smash someone else's face up and possibly end up in jail. Then there's the chance the other person grabs a bottle or a knife, or their friends jump in.

your not getting old, your just using your brain ;)

Associate
Never really been in a fight. Not hard at all, although I could probably talk the talk if needed.

Dont really get into that sort of situation now or ever. Kind of hard when you havent been to the pub in 3 years!

Always thought the best way out of a fight is to pretend to be getting erotic kicks from it, touching yourself etc.

Back
Top Bottom