How long does it take you to get to sleep?

Soldato
every night i lie in bed watching a film / a tv program etc. and only stop watching when i know i'm tired enough to sleep - so it's always less than 5 minutes for me =)

Associate
jakeke said:
every night i lie in bed watching a film / a tv program etc. and only stop watching when i know i'm tired enough to sleep - so it's always less than 5 minutes for me =)

This is exactly what I do, but it usually takes up to about half an hour, even if I'm very tired.

Soldato
If ive been awake for like 24 hours, i can fall asleep in minutes. But usually it takes me anything from 1 to 3 hours to fall asleep. Ipod helps :)
Then theres the occasional night when its really hot or im just not tired, could take up to 5 hours to fall asleep (thats if i actually bother to go sleep)

Soldato
Umm a couple of minutes usually I guess, though when tired I've been known to fall asleep mid-conversation....:D Even if I'm not particularly tired I can fall asleep if I'm bored and want time to go a bit faster, is very useful for long-distance travelling. :)

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I am having a major problem with sleep at the moment.
I am only staying awake for about 3 hours after i have just slept overnight for 7 hours.
This morning after sleeping for 7 hours solid in my fart sack i got up showered, then went out for a dog walk. When i got back i felt exhausted so sat in my chair and fell asleep. I woke every now and again but just doss back off again not waking properly till around 1'ish.
This has been going on for years but recently has got much worse. I could lay down anywhere and go to sleep at any time day or night. I have pain in my joints and regular headaches ******* bad ones an all. Blurred vision effects me about twice a week and i feel like i am kind of floating. :(
I used to think that my genuine lack of energy was down to the drugs i took but this year has been very clean so it can't be that. My woman makes sure of my dietry needs and i am sure i am eating properly.
Right now i sit here leaning over the keyboard just wanting to nod off it's ridiculous.
Anyways got my Doctors appointment Friday so i will see what he says.

Soldato
10 - 20 minutes...

Usually put my TV on 30 timer then settle down and watch whatever rubbish is on. Next thing I know it's 6:30 the alarms going off and I feel more tired than when I started. :(

Soldato
chris_r said:
i take hours too, always have.
This is me too. I've always taken at least 2 or 3 hours to get off to sleep.

Even if I'm tired it takes me ages. I think I think too much when I'm trying to sleep and I find it very hard to stop thinking. My aunt from Canada recommended some GABA or Gamma Amino Butyric Acid. GABA helps to reduce what is known as "busy brain". I've been trying this for a week or so and I think it might have helped a little. I probably need to email her and check I'm taking this right.

Perhaps I go to bed too early; not everyone needs the same amount of sleep and I seem to function OK on the sleep I get. It is possible I don't need as much sleep as I stay in bed for. I too probably should see my doctor and ask if there is anything I can do. I've seen my GP when I was a teen and I got the normal hot milky drink, check your room is at the right temp etc etc etc and it obviously hasn't helped me out.

Hitman
Permabanned
It depends what I've been doing before going to bed. If I'm tired then I fall asleep almost instantly, but if I've just driven home from something then it takes a while.

Soldato
Between 2 and 5 minutes, but only because I go to bed when I'm tired rather than at a certain time each night. Makes going to sleep really easy but getting up a different matter; I think I prefer it this way to finding it really difficult to get to sleep, though.

Back
Top Bottom