How long have you had your mobile number?

Associate
roughly 7 years, though I nearly lost it last year when I got a new contract with mobiles.co.uk, on O2 (I was currently on O2 at the time), and they spouted some trifle to me that I couldn't keep my number since I was staying with the same provider...

ERRRRMMM eh?? :confused:

So, once I got my new phone (complete with new sim + new number), I phoned O2, they said "not a prob" and pulled my number from my old SIM. Job done. It's not a special number, but it saves hassle of sending a new number to everyone and learning it myself.

Associate
About 4 years. I had to change my phone number back then as someone signed me up to a song download thing and they wouldn't stop texting, £1.50 a message! Ran up a bill of £300!
It would've been 8 if I didn't have to do that.

Man of Honour
Used to change mine every time I changed phones, but have had my current number for 6 years.

My first mobile phone, one of the early BT Cellnet PAYG models, had a very cool number, but didn't think twice about saving it at the time.

Associate
My latest one about a year (since getting the iPhone), prior to that i had my old one for at leats 10 years. Only reason i moved to a new number was that the contract on my old number was still going, and i did't want to shell out to finish that off tp pac to my new phone.

On the subject though, i have to say that my kids are the most annoying when it comes to cell phone numbers, my daughter seems to have around 4 sims which she constantly swaps when credit suits.

Why the hell can they not get one card and blody well stick to it !? Means i gotta text all 4 numbers just to get a message across...grrrr

Soldato
Getting on for 20 years now, original contract with Cellnet, they added a digit or two in the code but its still the same number.

I'm not actually that attached to it.

Back
Top Bottom