how many lessons?

Soldato
I think I took about 20 before taking a bit of a break due to exams (silly really) then another 12 or so. Probably didn't need all those, I didn't get much of a chance to practise in my own time because I don't live at home.

Permabanned
12 lessons, passed first time 3 minors. Got Provisional licence on 1/12/1996, passed test in March 97.

Have the instruction guidelines changed or something as a friend of mine just sat his test and got 3 minors and failed! Thought it used to be something like 5 minors = a Major = Fail!

Soldato
its too easy to get a licence.

before you were allowed to get 17 minors and pass, i think youre still allowed 12 or 15 now.

one major = fail.

no wonder there are so many horendously bad drivers out there

Soldato
18 hours, 3 were to keep in me sharp whilst i waited for my test which was a month after i was ready for it, passed first time 2 minors. No previous driving experience worth mentioning.

Tom.

Soldato
about 30-35 1hr lessons and passed 4th time, bit of a combination of being a very nervous/low confidence person and taking the test at one of the lowest pass rate test centres in the UK:o

Soldato
6 one hour lessons and quite a bit of practice with my dad. I passed first time with 2 minor faults. Got the 2 faults in the first 5 minutes and I thought I had failed when he was writing on his clipboard, which totally relaxed me so I just drove around after that like I normally would. Nerves can be a serious problem IMO.

Associate
Bike test first (passed that second time). Then with bike instructor 18 hours, he said i was ready in 10 and the further 8 were learning a new test centre and routes due to waiting lists! Passed car first time with 3 minors, my instructor rocked.

Back
Top Bottom