Poll: How many push-ups can you do consecutively?

How many push-ups can you do consecutively?

• 0 - 20

Votes: 87 35.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 60 24.6%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 37 15.2%
  • 41 and beyond!

Votes: 60 24.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
I do actually have some of those in a cupboard somewhere that i picked up from Aldi. Will try and dig them out and see how i get on.

The wider grip seems fine, just not close grip. Similar to how i have to be careful how to hold the bar for front squats.

Man of Honour
Are you doing them daily? Probably a bad idea as you must have rest days to allow muscle fibres to regenerate and grow stronger/bigger. If you are doing these dialy you will not have the strength to do the end reps properly and your fibres will never regen properly. For me I do like 3 days on, 3 days off or switch around from time to time.

Permabanned
Nearly anyone who knows what they are talking about will tell you to not do every day, every 2nd day (so 1 day rest) or if you are older even every 3 days (so 2 days rest) and ideally have total rest day, I do so on Sunday.

I do Cardio Mon/Wed/Fri and Resistance Tue/Thu/Sat and when back to full fitness (due to lockdown I let it slip) I will back it off to Mon/Thu & Tue/Fri, with Sat/Sun off.

When you exercise you actually rip/micro tear /damage your muscles, they need time to heal and this is when they heal/grew bigger, doing every day may mean you actually take longer to get to your goal.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I think what's trying to be said is that any program like this where there are no rest days are flawed programs as the only way muscles grow bigger and stronger is during the rest day(s) stage.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
How many pull ups can you guys do? I think someone should start a thread on this, they are pretty hard. Chin ups are a lot easier.

Soldato
How many pull ups can you guys do? I think someone should start a thread on this, they are pretty hard. Chin ups are a lot easier.

About 2 years ago I couldn't even do one Pull up, nothing happened when I tried. Then I found a guide to doing chin-ups and followed it along. It involved just hanging of the bar for as long as I could starting off. Then holding myself at the top of for as long as I could. And it moved on from there, Until eventually I was able to do them. Haven't done any in a while, but I used to be able to between 8 and 10 proper ones. I reckon I could do maybe 3 or 4 now, and I would be struggling!! :p

There is 25 pull up challenge/program on the same site as the 100 push ups. The 25 Pullups Training Program (twentyfivepullups.com)

Permabanned
I mean come on, that doesn't make any sense. :p

Otherwise you'll end up in random threads posting about whatever...no need to be in a mood here mate. The thread is about push ups and how many you can do.

I am/was not in a mood and I gave very detailed info in my OP, I am talking about I have no need to watch the YT video he linked to (I think you may not have read the complete thread). :)

Permabanned

Not sure and not been back to 100% fitness as get started then fall away but when I was younger say around 17-19 I did 21 Chin Ups messing around at work with workmates (may have done more if keep practising), most Pull Up I ever did in one set was 14 last year as I never really tried them much before as I choose Chin Ups.

I do 3-5 sets (dependent on fitness and do each set to exhaustion for both Chin Ups & Push Ups), going to try again next week(s) to get back into it and stay in it for life.

Back
Top Bottom