How many stabbings this week?

Permabanned
malc30 said:
I have many knives and have a strange fascination with them. Bit strange really as the first time i was stabbed was when i was 7 by my mum for saying what 3 times. She had a migraine. :p
I saw her stab my first step dad aswell even though he had closed the front door on her she still managed to stab him through the glass.
Then she stabbed my third step dad but that was a bit more serious and she got taken to court for malicous wounding with intent to kill. Fortunetly he failed to turn up to court so there was no evidence and she got it thrown out.
I can't think why he didn't turn up at court. ;)
I remember being in a cell and the copper bringing the Sun newspaper in and saying Oi malc i thought you may want to read this. :p
Anyway despite having a lunatic as a mother who always attacks with a weapon of some sorts i am not intimidated by knives or any other kind of weapon.
One thing to note though is every time she has stuck a knife in someone it has been a kitchen knife.
Another thing to note is that 55 teenagers get run over every week. Shall we ban cars.
No we should lock up the nutters that do these crimes instead of blaming it on the weapon that is used.

I should add that i never take a knife out with me and fight with my fists.

I dunno...that keyboard of yours seems to have quite an edge to it ;)

*n

Suspended
breaking news on bbc site that someones been arrested after a passenger was stabbed on a train, why are there so many damn stabbings this week?

Soldato
I live in london, and at least three or four stabbings happens in the SE alone. I think the reason there is "loads of stabbing this week" is because of the media attention to it.
When the media focuses on something, the whole society becomes aware of it.
Stabbings happen every now and then, banning knife or sales of them wont work. I think it is down to the street culture here. Back in Nigeria, we fight with fist, no weapons and if you try to use one you will pay the consequences - Someone will join your opponent so as to balance things out.
Having said that, different world = different ideas and approach.

Soldato
Tommy B said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/5022028.stm

I swear this is at least the fifth stabbing incident I've read about this week, and quite frankly it's disgusting. Can the government not do anything???? They should apply the same rules as guns, and if you are caught carrying a knife you should be locked up. If every kid who was carrying a knife dropped dead now, our country would be much safer :mad: :mad:

The world is getting worse and worse, A few weeks ago I went to the Walkabout in Bromley got wasted and about 3 days later my parents told me someone was stabbed in the head with a screwdriver and killed. And when the stories come around in the local paper it turned out to of happened outside the walkabout then ended up somewhere else really bad stuff happening lately. Also I heard about loads of people the next week in the local hospital with stab wounds and slashes.

And just the other day someone slit their own throat up Orpington High Street in broad day light.

It's scary how its getting less safer on the streets and pubs.

Soldato
Tommy B said:
Ban the sale and possession of all weapon-designed knives. When I was 14, my mate used a solo card to order a vast array of lethal knives.

Instead, the government are too busy trying to ban harmless BB guns. Pathetic.

Weapon designed knives? Im sure being stabbed with one of those is worse than being stabbed with a 10 inch kitchen knife right?

Lethal knives? Isnt that a little redundant? Are there non lethal knives?

Banning any kind of knife will do nothing...Punishment needs to be changed..

Soldato
There are loads of stabbings every week, its just with the Knife Amnesty going on, they are focusing on knives for some reason. Its the damn media again. Now it looks, to everyone that more stabbings are happening. Trust me. They aren't they're just being brought more to your attention. And if you ask me the people that run the media are morons, why run these stories on the same week as knife amnesty? Doesn't that sort of discredit the amnesty and make everyone think "Fat loada good this knife amnesty is doing"

Associate
ElRazur said:
Stabbings happen every now and then, banning knife or sales of them wont work. I think it is down to the street culture here.

Is that the same "street culture" that appears to be influenced (in some ways) by the gangsta rap culture, the same gangsta rap culture that you believe has no connection with violence?

Caporegime
me227 said:
Do these kind of stabbings not happen every week and there just getting more coverage or mention in the news because of the currect amnesty?

That's what I thought. I also saw someone or other say it on the news, so it's not just us thinking that.

Soldato
There's been tonnes round here the past few weeks.

I was up there on the day this one happened but was up the other end. Glad i didn't witness it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5042486.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5054540.stm

(both the same event but differently written)

Also been a load of Tottenham Highroad before the spurs stadium - involving gangs picking out random people to rob. Another outside a pub in Hackney which i live 5-10minutes from where 20-30 people started fighting and where a police officer was stabbed in the leg, a person in his lung just narrowly missing his heart and a passer by getting stabbed in the face.

Also the latest one up the road i normally walk up everyday where a 13 year old was coming back from Football training and was met by 3 youths who kicked his front teeth out, punched him until he almost passed out - took his phone and £2 he had in his pocket then stripped him down to his boxers and ran off with his clothes after they had filmed it on their phone. Although not a stabbing he was threatened with a knife.

The media hype over it has been worrying a lot of people now, as they seem to be getting more frequent or maybe it was but now it's in the spotlight people are becoming alarmed and actually scared of going out late at night.

Last edited:
Permabanned
vonhelmet said:
That's what I thought. I also saw someone or other say it on the news, so it's not just us thinking that.

On question time last weeek they had the assistant editor of the Times on, and the point was put to her and she agreed. She basically said that stabbings are 'topical' now so they get front page coverage, as opposed to a single paragraph on page 24. She also made the comparison with all the 'killer dog' stories that were front page news 10 or so years ago.

There are just as many knifings this week as last, or even this decade or last. No consolation if you're a victim, of course, but equally no need for everyone to buy into the mass hysteria propagated by newspapers whose sole motivation is sales, as opposed to reporting the news.

Back
Top Bottom