How much are you paying for your internet

Soldato
Fastest available here is £30.50 75/20 with EE, got £40 cashback at the start too. Get that speed the majority of the time to be fair.

Soldato
Just ended my BT contract which was £68/mo for 0.7/0.0000002 speeds. No guaranteed minimum, as we were lucky to get anything.
Now paying Gigaclear £50/mo for 900+/900+ speeds.

Caporegime
How were you paying £68 for ADSL? Had you just let it roll past the contract term and out of any discounts?

Soldato
^^ lol you must've been on ADSL for over a decade and accepted every RPI increase, and never contacted them for a better deal or moved ISP, to be paying £68pm for that...

Soldato
How were you paying £68 for ADSL?
Direct debit. :p

Had you just let it roll past the contract term and out of any discounts?
Partly that, but they often sent emails stating that I was using more data (on an unlimited line), so they had to increase my charges.

^^ lol you must've been on ADSL for over a decade and accepted every RPI increase, and never contacted them for a better deal or moved ISP, to be paying £68pm for that...
Well over a decade.

I did consider moving ISP, once.... My choices were basically BT, BT, BT, BT, BT, BT, BT, BT, or BT. If I wanted, I could have gone with BT instead, but in the end I went with BT.
All they could offer was exactly what I was on, with the exact same charges. No deals available
Funnily enough, they did send me the latest HomeHub and were now able to offer me FTTP... for £50, and with the exact same speeds I was on with their old copper connection!!

Vodafone also kept calling me to sell me their internet, claiming they could offer me blah blah blah... I sometimes humoured them and had them do a lookup on their system, whereupon they discovered they couldn't actually serve my location. They then apologised for the marketing call and ****** off for another year, again.

Associate
£35 for 33/7 -- runs over a ubnt powerbeam dish, i cant get anything else, unreliable, but we dont get 4g here either so...

im in the middle of nowhere, we dont have a phoneline anymore and nobody will let us sign up for adsl as last time it was here we could not get over 150k down on the odd occasion it connected

Soldato
OP
It’s so weird that everyone get such varied services. But most openreach FTTC seems to have quite a varied price for essentially the same thing. Hmmm...

Associate
Due to a price glitch I managed to get VM 100M for £10/month for 12 months, which is pretty insane. Previously was Plusnet FTTC for £27/month.

Associate
I see some people are saying they are getting cash back how are you getting cash back? I'm moving in a couple of weeks so I want to get a good deal FTTP.

Back
Top Bottom