How much do you spend on takeaway a week?

Associate
Please note, this thread is not about lecturing each other, on the moralities of healthy eating, I just want to focus on how much people spend on takeaway, a week or a month please.
I have a family of four, me the Mrs and 2 kids and we spend about £35 a week. At times we buy kfc, macdonalds, the local chip shop or pizza etc and just wondering, if I spend too much on takeaway so I just want to find out your views. Many thanks.

Soldato
£35 a week is reasonable, if you can afford it, but bear in mind, it’s about £1500 a year.

I would try and steer clear from KFC/Maccies as it’s not great for you :)

I try and limit myself to one takeout every 2 weeks - healthier and cheaper.

Associate
OP
£35 a week is reasonable, if you can afford it, but bear in mind, it’s about £1500 a year.

I would try and steer clear from KFC/Maccies as it’s not great for you :)
Thanks buddy, I understand. We always try and even it out though and stay clear of fizzy drinks so it's not too bad and the whole family works out one way or the other . Takeaway is our guilty pleasure, more so with everything going on in our world!

Soldato
I don't spend amount per week, at the most maybe £200-£250 a year, we get very few.

And no lecturing, part if it is that we live in the middle of nowhere and the likes of just eat just laughs at you when you put your postcode in.

My brother who lives in Kent but basically south London has Morley's Chicken shops that deliver, I think I'd be having that on a weekly basis.

I do love take aways, particularly good fried chicken or Turkish Kebabs.

Soldato
Pizza, Curry or Chinese once every 2 weeks or so. Generally costs about 20-25£, so 40-50£ a month I guess....sometimes my wife will also treat the kids to a McDonald's or fish and chips too but I refuse to eat those.

Soldato
£0 for 18 weeks now. I haven't had a take-away since before lock down. I usually collect it as it's about 150 yards away, but I knocked that on the head so I wasn't coming into contact with anyone.

I used to have two a week. One Friday, another Saturday. Most would be about a fiver or less. Sometimes as much as £7 if I wanted something out of the ordinary like a mixed kebab or something, so £10 - £14 a week.

Chippy, Maccy Ds, or any other fast food chain are not a regular occurrence. I maybe have Maccy Ds twice a year. Chippy a bit more often but not regularly but haven't had either for months.

Soldato
£0. Take away pizza makes me feel rough, as does Chinese.
Indian is ok, but I can make that, lol.
Actually I tend to just make a pizza or Chinese food (nothing flash). Or buy cheap Tesco stuff.

Associate
OP
Expensive plus cook better at home, I can make pizza, donar kebabs, have a bash at Chinese, burgers etc.
Don't the ingredients add up though? Obviously yes from a health perspective this is most ideal to cook at home your own kind of takeaway but price wise is it not the same in the end?

Soldato
Don't the ingredients add up though? Obviously yes from a health perspective this is most ideal to cook at home your own kind of takeaway but price wise is it not the same in the end?

Well flour for a pizza maybe 10p, cheese maybe 50p, homemade pizza sauce maybe 40p, pineapple + tuna + salami + sweetcorn maybe 200p. So that's £3. How much is a takeaway pizza, about £10-15?

Back
Top Bottom