• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How much is a q6600 worth?

Associate
Im looking at getting ones of these as i wouldnt have to replace anything in my pc to upgrade and it should give a large performance boost,especially in BC2

just looking around obiously i can pick up a new q8300 for around 115

what do you think these badboys are worth?90quid or so?

Associate
They seem to go for around £80ish on ebay, I have a Q6600 G0 I bought from OCuK myself that I will be selling due to the PC dying. I can't sell on here from memory though, I am pretty sure the limit is 100 posts :)

lcg

lcg

Associate
In the MM (Member's Market) Q6600 G0 CPUs seem to go for around £80. I wouldn't pay more than £80 for one. It's a better CPU than the Q8300 as it can be overclocked higher as it has a higher multiplier. The Q6600 is much better value for money.

They seem to go for around £80ish on ebay, I have a Q6600 G0 I bought from OCuK myself that I will be selling due to the PC dying. I can't sell on here from memory though, I am pretty sure the limit is 100 posts :)
You need to have at least 250 posts to have MM access (you also need to be signed up for at least 90 days, but you meet that requirement). The only section on this forum where you are allowed to sell things is the MM.

Last edited:
Associate
In the MM (Member's Market) Q6600 G0 CPUs seem to go for around £80. I wouldn't pay more than £80 for one. It's a better CPU than the Q8300 as it can be overclocked higher as it has a higher multiplier. I would definitely buy a Q6600 rather than a Q8300.

You need to have at least 250 posts to have MM access (you also need to be signed up for at least 90 days, but you meet that requirement). The only section on this forum where you are allowed to sell things is the MM.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Q6600 do seem like the best value 775 quad. Not all of them overclock well however - later releases with 1.325 VID might struggle past 3.2Ghz.

Yeah there are a few versions of them knocking about, I went for the ones from OCuK that say they clock to 3.2Ghz, Got it to 3GHz for an hour or so as the shuttle was belting out heat so it just sat at stock speeds for the last 18 months xD

Associate
how can you tell the difference between the newer and the older ones?even still at 3.2 i would notice huge performance gains on my 2180 would i not?

That's all I got out of mine as the shuttle was running to hot so never bothered with clocking. You see people with these things to 3.6GHz+ on air. Just a shame my PC died on me, not got the money to throw at another gaming rig for the foreseeable future. The G0 stepping Q6600's are generally the ones that clock high so look out for those versions first :) Even at stock these chips aren't sluggish.

Soldato
how can you tell the difference between the newer and the older ones?even still at 3.2 i would notice huge performance gains on my 2180 would i not?

A low VID G0 is what you are looking for. Assk for the VID from Coretemp when CPU is under full load and without speedstep etc running.

Highest VID is 1.350, I have recently had one of these stable at 3.4ghz on H50 cooling. (1.48volts)

At the moment I am running a 1.3125 VID and its prime stable at 3.6ghz, 1.46volts

Look for one around 1.280, 1.265 or lower and you are almost guaranteed 3.6ghz with half decent cooling.

Keep in mind Vdroop on your motherboard, I set 1.5650 volts in bios and its actually 1.48volts

edit - A 1.350 vid is worth about £65. 1.265 is worth around £85, lower vid is higher value

Last edited:
Soldato
I would say lower. You can always lap a cpu if you want, you can't un-lap it!

Saying this I see no problem with buying lapped, they run cooler and save you the job of doing it and buying the sandpaper. If you do/have lapped it then maybe provide some screenshots of it reaching a certain overclock.

Associate
do not buy from ebay! unless brand new
do not buy lapped cpu,this is sign the cpu has been meticulously overvolted probably degraded

get a new q9550 its worth it warranty and all

Soldato
Why not buy from ebay? (unless they have 0 or negative feedback) Ive never had any problems buying second hand computer parts from ebay

I have bought lapped from here, its currently running fine at 3.6ghz, 1.5v all the time. Q6600s are known to withstand massive amounts of volts anyway, I read of someone giving theirs 1.70 by mistake and it was fine.

momo - I sold my lapped one recently with a Scythe heatsink for £96 inc. It lasted 2 days on ebay before someone bought it

Soldato
Bought a Q6600 Go with a VID of 1.3000v, lapped, last month from the MM for £70 inc. Running at 3.2Ghz just now with excellent temps.

Replaced my [email protected] and I have to say the Quad cores appear to have made a fair difference to speed and performance of my system. Well worth the investment. :cool:

Vdroop on my P5K is annoying though but not unsurmountable.

Associate
do not buy from ebay! unless brand new
do not buy lapped cpu,this is sign the cpu has been meticulously overvolted probably degraded

get a new q9550 its worth it warranty and all

mine has been overlapped to make the heatsink more effective (3.6@ 1.3v/1.28v while gaming) & ebay is fine as long as you buy from people with 100% feedback.

Associate
I suppose it's like buying anything from ebay, keep your wits about you and check they do a returns policy should it not be upto scratch.

Back
Top Bottom