How much is too much?

Soldato
If it was me I would be happy with just any cheap watch least then if it got damaged then not a lot of money is wasted

If you want to spend that kind of money on her, why not do it in a different way rather than just a watch, yes she may want it but that is a hell of a lot of money!!

im a woman, I want a lot of things but I know I will never get them. I'm not bothered about possesions, i would be happy just to have a nice bf who would treat me right.

anyone know how much they cost?!!!

Don
Andr3w said:
eh?

Do you mean haggle them down?

haggle them down , buy from a web seller or possibly even import one from the US ( bought my Mum a Gucci watch from US and saved about 40% even after taxes )

just to make you feel better ;) I bought my wife ( g/f at the time ) this

cherylrolex.jpg

as well as these

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/g.colclough/cherylwatches.JPG

Una

Una

Associate
Only do it if you can afford it.. no point if its going to mess up your financial stabilty. No one can really tell you, you know your own money. £500 is not a huge amount for a watch either really.

Soldato
Even normal stores on the high street will give you 15% without even trying.

I wouldn't buy the mrs a 500 squid watch, but thats only because I couldn't afford it at the moment. If I had the money and it was something that I know she would want then yes I would as a birthday or christmas gift.

Soldato
If its going to mean a lot to her then no its not but I'd also get something smaller or even make something yourself. Whilst I'm sure its not the case here, it could look like you're out of ideas and so feel you need to spend a lot to make up for it!

I have a watch that was bought for me that cost a similar amount and whilst I love it, I do feel wary about wearing it especially on a night out in case it gets scratched, stolen, etc. Perhaps look for a slightly cheaper model and spend the rest on a nice meal or hotel?

Then again if you're loaded then why the hell not I guess. Just be careful that you don't set your benchmark too high for future b'days ;)

Soldato
To answer your original question.

Q) how much is too much?

A) £550

Sorted :)

Head out to a local market stall or hang around in a pub, you'll save about £530 (not incuding drinks if you go for the pub option)

Permabanned
therubble said:
I thinking about buying my girlfriend a gucci watch for 550 quid, we have been together 3 years live together and I know she wants one.

Is this too much?

for that price she better be orally inclined.

Back
Top Bottom