How much is too much?

Soldato
My goodness, I never will and never have expected such expensive things from a boyfriend. Even the ones of 2 or 3 years.

Things like that, unless you're very rich, should be for seriously special occasions. Like maybe the present you give to your new bride. Or something. But just as a random gift :eek:

Permabanned
and what will you do next year ?
....get her another £500 prezzie ?

I find the clock at the bottom left of my screen pretty accurate :D

Soldato
If you can afford it I don’t see anything wrong with it,

I bought this for my girlfriend recently (but I think I will swap it for a black face one before i give it to her)
http://www.skydigital.cz/Pics/rolex/IMG_2244.jpg

She is not keen on expensive gifts however I wanted to get it for her, not to show her that “I love you here have a rolex to prove it” but more just because I wanted to get her a nice watch so she can share my love of watches with me :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I wouldn't buy one but then a) I never buy overpriced designer crap, I buy quality brands and pay for that (ok I admit I own B&O headphones....) and b) my girlfriend doesn't like gucci (she doesn't know it yet - give it time.)

But really this thread is pointless. £500 may be pocket change or half your savings, and she may reeallly reeeallly want it as a special pressie or be a spolit girl who just wants a change from PradaParisHiltonBeckhamLolzbbq :)

I have no idea how much I've spent on my gf but I know every purchase is calculated, apprciated and invaluable. Apart from some flowers I bought that the bloody Venezuelan postal system couldn't deliver / lost / nicked.

I've never seen the need to ask others though o.O

Don
Paras said:
I bought this for my girlfriend recently (but I think I will swap it for a black face one before i give it to her)
http://www.skydigital.cz/Pics/rolex/IMG_2244.jpg

Paras , if you can get the black dial for that without it costing to much then it looks fantastic ( stick markers not romans )

the only downside is that the bezel on it only comes with that dial design as default so it could be detrimental to residuals ( I wouldn't let that bother me personally )

btw , hows the new sub going ?

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Its too much. I've never spent that much on my wife and if I did she would go bananas. Should be looking at £100 tops. On a side note I have never been bought anything expensive from past gf's. Has she bought you anything?

Soldato
Rotty said:
Paras , if you can get the black dial for that without it costing to much then it looks fantastic ( stick markers not romans )

the only downside is that the bezel on it only comes with that dial design as default so it could be detrimental to residuals ( I wouldn't let that bother me personally )

btw , hows the new sub going ?

Yep im trying to find a new dial, I think the black will look very nice my AD wants £150 to change it however they will keep my old dial which I am not too keen on. Residual value is not really an issue because I am going to give it to my girlfriend as a gift so it will never be sold.

They sub is fantastic, its huge but it has really grown on me. Hopefully the Daytona is less then six months away.
:D

Associate
way too much mate... i cant believe you are even considerin it.. you just wait.. you buy her a 550 quid watch and she will start to escalate her demands and wants ... droppin even more hints.... ooh thats a nice car.. as she glances over a convertible merc... those are nice shoes... what a nice handbag... do you know that blahblah just bought a ..... :p and then she'll prolly start playin the guilt card... oooh you never do anything nice for me... if you love me youd do this for me...

keep her in check mate :p

Back
Top Bottom