How much is too much?

Associate
Oh and the people that are saying it's too much: rubbish. Nothing is too much.

Men and the earners, women are there for us to look after. Shower her with gifts. Obviously don't go into debt or over what you can reasonably afford but I have always loved buying presents for past g/fs. I usually buy flowers/chocolates at least every fortnight, if not more often. The look of joy on their face makes it worthwhile :D

Soldato
Johnny Girth said:
Oh and the people that are saying it's too much: rubbish. Nothing is too much.

Men and the earners, women are there for us to look after. Shower her with gifts. Obviously don't go into debt or over what you can reasonably afford but I have always loved buying presents for past g/fs. I usually buy flowers/chocolates at least every fortnight, if not more often. The look of joy on their face makes it worthwhile :D

Little bit old fashioned don't you think, I treat my relationship in the sense that everything is equal, costs get spread evenly and we spend an equal amount on each other where gifts are concerned.

Caporegime
Christ £550 on a watch??, good thing your not with my lass. In the past year i think ive spent well over £5k on her..thats spending money on flights to go and see her in NYC and buying her lots of shoes/boots again jimmy choo shoes and other designer rubbish. But i love her to bits so when it comes to buying her things, i dont spare any amount on her. She does the same for me although ive told her not to buy me anything materialistic as she couldnt afford my tastes;):p. But what she does give me is lots of TLC and attention when im with her and to me that means more than say an expensive pressie.

Dont get me wrong, she never asks me to buy her things...im my own worst enemy when it comes to that as i'll just buy her whatever she likes....even if she doesnt want it. But when it comes to shoes ie heels and boots she does ask but in a cheeky way:p.

Soldato
how old are you both?
if your like 18-22, I'd say don't as I doubt it would spend that much
if your older then maybe, but 3 years ISN'T that long a time.

Associate
OP
VeNT said:
how old are you both?
if your like 18-22, I'd say don't as I doubt it would spend that much
if your older then maybe, but 3 years ISN'T that long a time.

I'm 25, it's nearer 4 years, The money isn't a problem as I'm in a very well paid job. The only reason I started the thread was because I know spending too much on someone can make some people feel awkward.

Soldato
therubble said:
I'm 25, it's nearer 4 years, The money isn't a problem as I'm in a very well paid job. The only reason I started the thread was because I know spending too much on someone can make some people feel awkward.

well, only you would know if she would feel that way.

Soldato
If she hasn't asked for it and you can totally afforf it then yes, go ahead, show your love via a designer label.

However if she's hinted or asked for it no way would I buy it for her becuse thats just cheeky, £550 is a lot of money.

My gf would never want something so completely material anyway. I know she would far rather I spend the money on romantic meals out and a surprise weekend away.

Soldato
therubble said:

Don't tell her how much they cost?

Back
Top Bottom