1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much will ebay fleece me for? selling an amp.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jimbo, 10 May 2010.

1. Aod

Sgarrista

except for the fact that anyone who made him an offer would have their post deleted and the thread closed.

2. Greebo

Caporegime

Never heard of "email in trust"? :D

3. stoofa

Capodecina

Yes EBay fee's are high.
    However EBay has a massive amount of traffic - more than the other auction sites put together.
    You stand much more chance of actually selling your item on EBay than you do any other auction site.

So yes, get all "Moany" about EBay fee's.
    But the bottom line is if you want hundreds of thousands of potential buyers then use EBay - unfortunately you have to pay to be put in front of thatg many buyers.
    Alternatively attempt to sell stuff on other sites with a tenth of the traffic and pay less fee's.
    It's how the world works.

4. Greebo

Caporegime

It is but Ebay has got greedy. It used to be fair enough at around 10% but now they have hike it up to 15 - 20% of your value, it's too much IMO.

5. Jimbo

Soldato

Haha woops i wasnt trying to be sneaky and get a sale but if i did then sweet. Its on now titled - Marshall Dsl 401 Combo Jcm 2000 -Superb. I like the way my add looks too. :)

6. I get around

Mobster

Sell private. Don't sell to a pawn shop.

I've always sold my equipment through freinds of freinds. Or in music shop adverts. Or on forums.

7. Jimbo

Soldato

Yeah true. I just popped over the road to my local cash converters and even he said the same. They would only offer me £200 for an amp with a retail value of £599.. its amazing how worthless something is once youve bought it haha, but saying that I expected that from them, so i wasnt dissapointed.

8. DampCat

Capodecina

Yeah sell it on Ebay costing you £45, then get emailed by the buyer claiming it's broken, paypal will freeze all the funds, clear the dispute, transfer them all to the buyer, and he'll show you "proof of postagee" but it will never turn up at your door.

I honestly dont know why anyone would sell anything on ebay anymore.