• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How much WILL you pay for a graphics card?

Associate
"should" being the word, will all come down to tap out numbers and outside factors like covid and crypto. hopefully come next year things will be less silly.
Yeah I have my fingers crossed for end of next year being better than now. Been lucky in not needing or wanting an upgrade this year

Permabanned
OP
I think the question is do you need a new card right now? Are you unable to play games at reasonable settings and framerates? If you can live with the current settings then I would definitely say wait. Hopefully the prices will come down, better availablity and we'll have new cards next year that all the rumours point to being absolute beasts

I have been screaming for a new GPU for nearly a year now. I bought a new monitor just before the 3000 series came out, with the intention of buying a 3080, alas I made the drastic mistake of waiting.

Associate
I have been screaming for a new GPU for nearly a year now. I bought a new monitor just before the 3000 series came out, with the intention of buying a 3080, alas I made the drastic mistake of waiting.
Ah damn. Well you can't beat yourself up about that no one could have predicted what would happen! In that case I would pay whatever you can comfortably afford and feel happy to pay for what you're getting now. It seems like the next GPUs aren't out until late next year so you won't regret your purchase I don't think, you'll have been playing with it for around 1.5 years at least!

Permabanned
OP
Ah damn. Well you can't beat yourself up about that no one could have predicted what would happen! In that case I would pay whatever you can comfortably afford and feel happy to pay for what you're getting now. It seems like the next GPUs aren't out until late next year so you won't regret your purchase I don't think, you'll have been playing with it for around 1.5 years at least!

Yeah, I gave in and bought one, lol. It's been driving me mad for a long time and I just refused point blank to pay x2 rrp for a 3080 but readily picked up a 3070ti for what I think is about £100 over RRP.

Associate
Yeah, I gave in and bought one, lol. It's been driving me mad for a long time and I just refused point blank to pay x2 rrp for a 3080 but readily picked up a 3070ti for what I think is about £100 over RRP.
Honestly only £100 over RRP is really good haha in a normal market I'd say the 3070ti is a bad value proposition but currently what you got is about as good as you can hope for! Plus it's still a very powerful card so I'm happy for you!

Permabanned
OP
Honestly only £100 over RRP is really good haha in a normal market I'd say the 3070ti is a bad value proposition but currently what you got is about as good as you can hope for! Plus it's still a very powerful card so I'm happy for you!

Yes, I would not normally have bought a 3070ti, I would definitely gone for a 3080, but at the moment I just can't find a 3080 at anything like a reasonable price.

Soldato
In normal market conditions I would buy 3080 power between £650 to £750 at launch and £100 less a year later.

I was keeping an eye out over Xmas but lost interest at the prices. I'll keep an eye out again if they come down to < £800, but if these prices persist for another year I'll skip and just use the time to hit my fairly vast library of unplayed games.

Soldato
Been out the game too long and noticed the prices on cards currently. What's a reasonable price to pay for a 1080Ti or 2080Ti? Currently upgrading from a 1070 as the other half wants to play Anno 1800 in 4k. So, need to start looking around for a monitor and card!

Soldato
You should have bought it immediately. I saw an ASUS TUF Gaming 3070Ti for £700. Cracking cards these 3070 Ti's. 3080 is overkill for 1440p.

i tried but during payment the bank varification wanted to varify using the mobile number connected to my bank. It was my old number left on there because i forgot to update it. By the time i sorted it out the card was sold out. That will wind me for ages

Associate
I never thought i'd pay over £6-700 for a card ever, but then whole pricing structures change and lets just say i pushed myself into a £1700 card a few days ago. So Yeah.

Back
Top Bottom