How much would this cost newbie Sat Nav

Associate
Newbie post here so please be gentle I understand it is possible to load Tom Tom Sat Nav on to a mobile phone?

My question is what kind of price would I be looking at in order to obtain a working system. the phone doesnt have to be brand new but good enough to support the software etc if you could advise I would appreciate it if there is a link also that would be even better.

:D
P.S is it also easy to setup ?

Associate
Try searching online for TomTom for smartphones. You've got slim to no chance of it working on anything lower than a Symbian or Windows Mobile phone, I don't even think they do a Java based version of it.

Cheapest I reckon is £100 for an MDA Vario with Co-Pilot, circa £30 per month inc web 'n' walk

Soldato
Alasdair said:
Try searching online for TomTom for smartphones. You've got slim to no chance of it working on anything lower than a Symbian or Windows Mobile phone, I don't even think they do a Java based version of it.

Cheapest I reckon is £100 for an MDA Vario with Co-Pilot, circa £30 per month inc web 'n' walk
#

What you sugested is very expensive. What I always sugest is the Nokia 6630, should be able to pick one up sim free for around £60, ebay is your best bet. The a cheap copy of tomtom, also very cheap on ebay. Then all you need is a bluetooth gps unit also cheap from....... yep ebay, should be around £35. Should be able to get the whole thing up and running for around £100. Look for seller that are selling second hand sets together, might be able to save your self a couple of quid.

Soldato
LeperousDust said:
If you just need satnav get a stand alone Tomtom or something like that, it WILL work out cheaper and better. See my brand spanking new, i've just murdered my wallet thread here to see it can cost quite a bit :(.

Well that was silly. Could have saved a couple of £'s on that.

Associate
He's been told if you look underneath ;)

You can get stand alone sat navs for about £150 (again on ebay) though you can pick them up in shops for about £150 now also (Navman 320 for example). Will get better value online obviously.

Back
Top Bottom