1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How reliable is anandtech?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by benjo, 9 Mar 2006.

1. benjo

Capodecina

Hi all

Just a general question really, do you find that Anandtech is reliable when it comes to reviews/data on new releases etc?

How much would you trust them?

2. Naffa

Capodecina

lame thread tbh :o

3. Jamie1984

Gangster

well a lot of people refer to them with news so i guess theres a lot of confidence with their reliability at least from ocuk forum readers heh

4. Mint Sauce

Wise Guy

The guy asks a perfectly reasonable question and.... eh! WTF are you on about? If you don't like it don't post tbqfh! :)

Last edited: 10 Mar 2006
  5. ajgoodfellow

Capodecina

I've found them to be very reliable - I've always trusted their reviews

6. Big.Wayne

Capodecina

:D

I've found them to be very unreliable - I've never trusted their reviews.

Anandtech receive cherry picked samples, so you can be sure that he same piece of hardware bought from the normal retails channels will have 0.01% chance of performing the same as the one reviewed (with obvious exceptions, Mice, Monitors and the like ;) )

Most of the popular hardware review sites are funded by revenue generated from advertising (web-banners, flash applets etc) from the same big hardware manufacturers that submit hardware for review. Sadly IMHO its all corrupt, everyone is on the bung, and its all about seperating you from your hard earned dosh.

It's generally a bad idea to take purchasing advice from someone who stands to benefit financially from your spending!

Knowledgeable (non-fanboy) end-users who have had hands-on experience are your most valueable source of information :cool:

7. Mint Sauce

Wise Guy

Have no idea what you're on about either Mr Wayne :p You seem to have edited my post in your quote :confused: ;)

What can i say, eh, i'm no english student and i was vexed. :eek: