1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to ask for more work? Currently "freelance".

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SideWinder, 19 Apr 2010.

1. SideWinder

Consigliere

Just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to word an e-mail. Currently, the company rings me up whenever - normally once every 2 weeks or so - to work a couple of days for them. I am finishing University soon and I would like a job...so is there a good way of phrasing an e-mail to say such a thing?

"I'd like to put myself forward to work more days..." <- Sounds a bit, dunno...

"My current situation means I am able to work longer hours with the aim to find a permanent contract" <- Maybe...seems quite forceful?

The company itself is quite relaxed when it comes to e-mailing but I want to make a good impression, naturally. :p

2. rypt

Capodecina

Just tell them that you are finishing university and will have more time available and were wondering if they had more work for you to do?

3. Abraham

Sgarrista

ring rather than emailing? if that's their normal method of communication, just ring and say "I'm finishing uni soon and I need to start looking for something a bit more permanent." Take it from there

4. SideWinder

Consigliere

Mmm, I've just realised I don't have her e-mail anyways. Maybe it is a sign...and at least ringing is a bit more personal. Will do that now...eek... :o

Answer is..."I will certainly have more work especially now I know you have more free time". :)

So getting a ring back later.

/thread.

5. .Lethal

Soldato

As above really, I would ring them and ask for a time when to come in and have a chat.

Explain you are finishing uni soon and are wondering if there are any prospects of further employment within the company.

No harm asking and it seems quite polite/friendly to me.