How to be sure my car hasn't been mapped

Soldato
On a VAG car, a map to support the addition of bolt ons, typically a turbo back exhaust with sports cat (or decat), intake system and an upgraded intercooler. On a 220bhp vRS, that should see it to 325-350bhp ish.
It was a sarcastic comment.

Imo, no such thing as stages

Soldato
It was a sarcastic comment.

Imo, no such thing as stages
I know it was but whether you believe in it or not, within the VW group community it's a pretty fixed description and everyone knows what a 'Stage 2' car will need/have. It's simpler than saying "I'm getting a remap for my turbo back exhaust, upgraded intercooler and intake system".

Soldato
OP
I know it was but whether you believe in it or not, within the VW group community it's a pretty fixed description and everyone knows what a 'Stage 2' car will need/have. It's simpler than saying "I'm getting a remap for my turbo back exhaust, upgraded intercooler and intake system".
Exactly, like the "stages" or not its pretty well accepted that is what they are called now.

Having sports cat and full exhaust fitted next month at Tony banks in Leeds in preparation for it.
Not having an intercooler fitted will see how car behaves once remap is done to see if it is needed or not.
I don't track the car (at least yet I don't) so probably won't be needed.

Back
Top Bottom