• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How to beat the scalpers and get a 3080/6800xt

Associate
I've managed to get a 3060Ti, 3x 3070s and a 3080 and I'm certainly not using a bot or script for the checkout.

Before I get jumped on for being a scalper myself, 2 of the 3 3070s were cancelled (not a model variant I was after, but I couldn't waste time looking at what model it was - I just needed to get through the checkout as fast as physically possible), the 3060 Ti is going to my brother, the 3070 is going to my sister and I'm keeping the 3080.

Yeah and let me guess 3090 went to your grandmother , she likes COD. LoL

I have nothing against ppl making some ££ it's just coming back and rubbing ppls faces in that's afterwards thats annoying.

Now off with ya.

Soldato

I have nothing against ppl making some ££ it's just coming back and rubbing ppls faces in that's afterwards thats annoying.

Now off with ya.

So a man cannot be taken at his word now? Shame. Want me to give you a hand in sourcing something like I did for them?

Caporegime
Stock alerts is how I got all the cards I bought.

PayPal checkout is usually fastest also.

Oddly every single card I got was via mobile too so maybe the pages load faster.

There are multiple discord communities and telegram alerts that you can use.

I'd confidently say you could get a card within a week if you're not after a specific card.
Not at RRP tho. Nowhere near.

Yes there are stock alerts but all are 50%+ over RRP. You might as well buy from the eBay scalpers. Plenty of stock there too.

Also there have been no AMD drops for well over a week, so that doesn't ring true either.

Soldato
I have had 2 3080s, I got a gigabyte master, which was excellent and a great clocker from the Indian takeaway place for RRP and a zotac OC for above RRP, I had every intention of keeping the master but with no availability of waterblocks for it I had to buy the zotac

Soldato
A certain high-street store has them in stock right now, you just have to go there to pick one up.

The Indian takeaway? One of their staff mentioned elsewhere their website is completely fooked even if you hit the jackpot and find one that actually shows up as available locally chances are when you get there the staff will tell you they know nothing about it.

Soldato

Now off with ya.

Want me to give you a hand in sourcing something like I did for them?

I'll take the lack of response but high activity levels as a no - good luck searching.

Soldato
Indeed. Private sale - sold as seen, no warranty, no right of return. Nothing but buyer assuming all risk.

The only law that applies to private sales is that you can't misrepresent the goods on offer.

I wouldn't even buy them at MRSP if there's no warranty. It's bizarre what people are doing in order to get their hands on these things.

Associate
I've had several opportunities to a few 3080s from a large electrical store as they come into stock but theyre collection from a Birmingham store only.

I've not seen any stock of 6800xt on anywhere though.

If OCUK are the biggest stockist in PC components in the UK they'll be sitting on most of the stock helping the scalpers drive the prices up.

Associate
I've had several opportunities to a few 3080s from a large electrical store as they come into stock but theyre collection from a Birmingham store only.

I've not seen any stock of 6800xt on anywhere though.

If OCUK are the biggest stockist in PC components in the UK they'll be sitting on most of the stock helping the scalpers drive the prices up.
careful some of the old elites might jump on you for mentioning such things :rolleyes::p

Last edited:
Soldato

Considering that Nvidia looked elsewhere to partner with for FE sales then I'd think you're probably mistaken there. In any case, what makes you think OcUK or anyone else is sitting on stock?

Pet Northerner
Don

That's about the dumbest thing I've read all week. No way they wouldn;t be flogging them for the £xxx over MSRP to the frothing masses who'd literally buy them in seconds.

Associate
Considering that Nvidia looked elsewhere to partner with for FE sales then I'd think you're probably mistaken there. In any case, what makes you think OcUK or anyone else is sitting on stock?
That's about the dumbest thing I've read all week. No way they wouldn;t be flogging them for the £xxx over MSRP to the frothing masses who'd literally buy them in seconds.

Gibbo has confirmed they won't be putting any graphics cards on the website until after Christmas due to warehouse constraints.

Associate
I have to say the situation is incredibly frustrating - I'm a 51 year old bloke with better things to do than sit around all day trying to watch discord and forums etc - it's ridiculous.

Fact is though I want to run FS2020 in VR and even the guys with 3080's are struggling. My situation is worse because I need a twin fan 3080 for case space reasons and that limits me to Inno3D. Seems to me my chances of finding a particular card in the next 5-6 months are slim to none unless nvidia pull their finger out and making more of the things. Their press release indicated they expect the situation to ease by end Feb but I smell bull! Tempted by a couple of ebay ones at £200 or so over retail but hadn't realised warranty isn't transferrable.

Birdseed

Associate
gibbo literally said it in a post, they have 1000+ in the warehouse,6800xt,6900xt and ad a few other models.

Soldato
Indeed. Private sale - sold as seen, no warranty, no right of return. Nothing but buyer assuming all risk.

The only law that applies to private sales is that you can't misrepresent the goods on offer.

you get 6 months buying electronics from eBay no?

Caporegime
you get 6 months buying electronics from eBay no?
The law only applies to business sellers, I believe. Looks from my quick Google search that eBay may allow a dispute to be opened within 6 months, but that's between you and eBay, and isn't anything to do with consumer law as far as I can tell (IANAL).

Whenever I've looked into this in the past, it has very much been the case that sales between two private individuals are not covered by any kind of implicit warranty, and they only recourse you have in law is when the advert itself was misleading (goods not as described).

But if something breaks a day after buying it, consumer law itself doesn't have much if anything to say about that.

Looks like eBay might step in on your behalf but I wouldn't count on it.

In any case, most manufacturers explicitly state that their warranties are not transferrable. Meaning if it does break you won't be able to make a claim against the manufacturer either. Only the original purchaser has any kind of warranty.

Again, it just highlights how scalpers do not provide a service. They make the goods more expensive, at the same time as reducing or nullifying your legal protections! Not great...

Back
Top Bottom