How to find out your gas supplier

Associate
Don't usually make my own threads in GD, but I figured I'd use the combined knowledge that floats around in here.

Recently moved into a rented property, and while I've received electricity and water bills, I still haven't heard anything about gas. I tried ringing the National Gas Meter helpline and it gave me my gas meter number, but then when it came to telling me my supplier, it just made a weird sound and said Energy Customers plc, and gave a phone number of 0500005008 for them.

Can't find any information about that, and a google search of that number just gives a couple of other people with the same issue I have. So, does anyone know another way of finding my gas supplier?

Thanks

Associate
OP
Well not really, because at the end of the tenancy will face a huge gas bill as the landlord would make sure all utilities are paid up before deposit is released.

This is what I'm afraid of. I don't want to just wait and leave it, then suddenly have a huge bill drop in on me at some inconvenient time. I need to speak to the landlord anyway, so I'll see if he knows.

Thanks for the help.

Associate
OP
I saw that, but the phone number isn't related to that company. It is a possibility though, since the electricity supplier is EDF. I'll give them a ring when I get a chance and see if they can shed some light.

Soldato
edit... I must learn to read the full post before hitting the reply button.

( I originally said ring transco 0870 608 1524 but it looks like you already have who you are supplied by)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom