1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find out your gas supplier

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jr1104, 10 Oct 2009.

1. jr1104

Wise Guy

Don't usually make my own threads in GD, but I figured I'd use the combined knowledge that floats around in here.

Recently moved into a rented property, and while I've received electricity and water bills, I still haven't heard anything about gas. I tried ringing the National Gas Meter helpline and it gave me my gas meter number, but then when it came to telling me my supplier, it just made a weird sound and said Energy Customers plc, and gave a phone number of 0500005008 for them.

Can't find any information about that, and a google search of that number just gives a couple of other people with the same issue I have. So, does anyone know another way of finding my gas supplier?

Thanks

2. Mr. Anderson

PermaBanned

Just wait till you get a bill, and if you never get one then quids in mate.

3. ThriceNightly

Wise Guy

your landlord should know

4. Kol

Capodecina

Well not really, because at the end of the tenancy will face a huge gas bill as the landlord would make sure all utilities are paid up before deposit is released.

5. jr1104

Wise Guy

This is what I'm afraid of. I don't want to just wait and leave it, then suddenly have a huge bill drop in on me at some inconvenient time. I need to speak to the landlord anyway, so I'll see if he knows.

Thanks for the help.

6. kibblerok

Soldato

7. jr1104

Wise Guy

I saw that, but the phone number isn't related to that company. It is a possibility though, since the electricity supplier is EDF. I'll give them a ring when I get a chance and see if they can shed some light.

8. kibblerok

Soldato

That was the old number for london electricity - now EDF

9. Parmesan

Wise Guy

Could you not just phone round a few of the big energy suppliers, and simply ask them if they supply gas to said property? not sure if they would give the information out but might be worth a try?

10. stigggeh

Mobster

edit... I must learn to read the full post before hitting the reply button.

( I originally said ring transco 0870 608 1524 but it looks like you already have who you are supplied by)

Last edited: 10 Oct 2009