Associate
Hi everyone,

Today I had a mishap, error of judgment whilst parking !!! I scuffed my wheel on the kerb, not massive damage but it’s annoying ! Anyone had a similar problem with these types of wheels ? They’re not big standard alloys and have to be the expensive BMW kind .

any help I would be so grateful.
Thanks,

Chris

Associate
OP
Here’s a photo of the type of wheels, it’s a light scuff but enough to have digged into the metal.

lCxGZxB.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Hi OP,

That looks to be a 437M alloy. These are typically diamond cut with a smoked laquer.

I can not see how bad the damage is, but diamond cut alloys are generally more expensive to refurb than powder coated. Having owned 437M alloys personally I would get a smart repair on the specific spot (It won't be a perfect match, but should be pretty close).

Soldato
3 options

sell the car
refurb the alloys(you'll want all done to match)
buy a single alloy from bmw/ebay thats "factory" finish

or just be a man and ignore it, it happens.

Associate
My only advice is, cover the damaged area with clear lacquer to avoid further damage, such as corrosion.
I damaged mine few weeks back. If it was few years ago I would go down refurb, but nowadays they're easily damaged by stone chips, as does the paintwork, regardless of brand.
Mine was during parking, close enough from the kerb but didn't notice a few inches deep pothole next to the kerb.
So simply clean it and use some nail varnish or lacquer to make sure the damage don't get worst.

Soldato
If all you've done is damage to the rim edge, then you can get it fixed quite cheaply. Cost me £80 to have some curb rash fixed on a 19" diamond cut Merc wheel. The bigger problem is inconvenience as your car is off the road for a day or two, assuming you don't have a spare.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Call your local bmw or Porsche garage and ask their body shop which company they use to refurb - then call them direct.

Diamond cut refurbs are for professionals, you don't want a cowboy.

Associate
I scuffed the diamond cut alloy on my Abarth two weeks after I bought it. I had quotes of ~£100 to refurb it but all advised it wouldn't be a perfect match due to diamond cut.

I didn't bother getting it repaired as it will be sods law that it will happen again so I've just left it. Coated it with some clear lacquer in the damaged area.

Back
Top Bottom