How to get a gmail.com address, instead of googlemail.com?

Associate
Hi

Does anyone know how, or if I can get a 'gmail.com' address whilst living in the UK?

I'm not going to bother renewing my .mac account this year as i just can't justify the £68.99 yearly fee, so unfortunately i'm going to have to drop my existing email (smclintock_at_mac.com).

The only google email I can get at the moment is 'steven.mclintock_at_googlemail.com', which I just think is a bit long, i'd rather have '[email protected]', or 'smclintock_at_gmail.com' ... but because I live in the UK i'm unable to get access to the gmail domain names.

I was just wondering if anyone knew if I can?

Cheers,

Steven.

Associate
OP
trojan698 said:
Due to the lawsuit, not possible, but emails sent to @gmail.com still work iirc.

oh, so your saying even people over in the U.S can't sign up for a gmail address? i was under the impression it was only the UK and Germany that it applied to.

Soldato
You can easily get a 'gmail' account if you sign up as living in the US... Well, it's worked for all mine anyway.

Not sure if you'll be able to change 'steven.mclintock_at_googlemail.com' to '[email protected]' as I think the part before the '@' has to be unique. You'd have more luck with 'smclintock_at_gmail.com' providing you sign up as a US resident and change your location once registered.

Back
Top Bottom