How to get kick started in morning...

Associate
Soldato
R5Rich said:
I always find it hard to get going in the morning i wake up and feel sleepy/drowsy for ages. Any tips on getting ya self going in the morning? I have a decent sleep at night altho i do tend to wake up quite often :(
two Bananas in the morning always gives me abit more energy. :)

Soldato
1/2 and 1/2, coco pops and cheerios in milk with a few ice cubes. Followed by a rinse of mouth and drinking some orange juice(Rinsing needed to stop the chocolate -> orange juice badness).

This stops me being out cold on the 20min bus journey to school that follows.

Works pretty well..

Occasionally a tea.

The best thing I've found is set the alarm about 20mins earlier than you need and literally jump out of bed as soon as it goes off and you wake up. This stops you feeling drowsy.

Don't sit down too much when you're up.

Shower instead of a bath helps too.

I used to have pretty bad problems with regards to not waking up or staying awake in the morning. All this has made it fine :)

Associate
Infidel said:
set your alarm so it wakes you up late. The panic that ensues will then overide your tiredness :eek:

This is actually realy true.

You get an amazing bus having woke up late as you suddenly get some crazy amount of energy somewhere so that you can be just on time or not to late.

Doesn't really work doing it on purpose though but doing it on accident is great. :D

Soldato
i hate coffee but i found listening to loud drum and bass woke me up like mad man when i used to work at my old job, altho by the afternoon i'd be dead

Permabanned
Drink a lot of water before bed.

You'll either wake up desperate for the loo in the morning, or you'll have ****ed yourself. Either way you'll want to get out of bed.

Soldato
Ive tried most suggestions in this thread, but in the morning my thoughts are usually "i need to get up, zzzzzzz" or "oh balls to it zzzzzz". Im not a bee.

I think what i need is a huge sign above my bed that says something like "GET OUT OF BED YOU LAZY F#@%"

Soldato
OP
I eat cereal in the morning and it doesnt really do much for me, altho if i have jam on toast with a banana cut into slices on top of that it seems to give me some energy. I tend to eat a banana at work as well to try and keep me going. I can get out of bed on time easy enough its just the drowsyness for ages thats annoying. If everyone is up in morning i might try some music to get me going as well, the mrs use to do it and seemed to work for her. I could try eating an apple as well in morning as i loooove apples anyway so wouldnt be a problem :)

Thanks for advice! It does seem harder to get up when its miserable outside tho i look outside and dont want to venture past front door :(

Associate
Wake up, do a swift poo + clean ya teeth, then jump onto a motorbike (preferably a gixxer) and expirience 0-60 in 5 secs on the way to work :) Enough to wake anyone up :p

Back
Top Bottom