1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make my music come out speakers and voice chat in headset...

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by marc512, 12 Mar 2010.

1. marc512

Wise Guy

as title says, i like to listen to music while playing games and have voice chat on. But having both is difficult :(

I heard there is a way to get it but i dont know where to start...anyone got any ideas?

2. Marsman

Capodecina

so music + games through speakers, and only chat though the headset? Or gaming and chat through the headset?

3. Hoodlum

Gangster

Change the option in your media player to use the sound card driving your speakers. Done.

4. marc512

Wise Guy

exactly. Main sounds (music and games ) through speakers and things like teamspeak, skype or any other voice chat in my headset.

5. Jokester

Don

I use Ventrilo for gaming, what I've done is set my soundcard and speakers as default and then in vent set the input and output to my headset.

6. Marsman

Capodecina

Yep, something like what Jokester said. That would require two sound devices though. If you have no sound card, you could get a cheap usb sound card from the popular auction site. Have the speakers connected to the onboard, which will be the default for playing music/games, and the headset connected to a usb sound card, then select the usb device in the VOIP program. Alternatively, you could use a USB headset.

If you have a sound card, then connect the speakers to that, then the headset to the onboard. If you only use one device though and have an analogue headset, then you will get game/music audio and chat through both speakers and headset.