• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How to optimally configure Ryzen 3000 Series CPUs

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Can

Can you share some OC settings? I'm having an hard time with my 3600 on a B450M Motar MAX.

Would love some knowledgeable people to point me in the right direction. :)
Unfortunately my OC has more to do with luck than anything else. My X570 may have helped a little also. All I do is set that voltage and speed. No other changes. All done in BIOS by the way.

Associate
Unfortunately my OC has more to do with luck than anything else. My X570 may have helped a little also. All I do is set that voltage and speed. No other changes. All done in BIOS by the way.

I've got 4.2 all core but on 1.42v as reported in the Bios using Game mode. There is a tonne of settings to manual OC. I need to try and bring the score down but don't have a clue where to start :D what temperature are you getting? And what cooler.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I've got 4.2 all core but on 1.42v as reported in the Bios using Game mode. There is a tonne of settings to manual OC. I need to try and bring the score down but don't have a clue where to start :D what temperature are you getting? And what cooler.
Cooler is a dark rock 4 pro.

Right now as I browse with about a dozen tabs my CPU is at 31C in a room that is 20.5C

Soldato
How are you finding this power plan / XFR settings combo ?

I'm just trying it out now ( 3900X )

abz9xRj.png

I use it with 3800C14 ram overclock since November. On gaming and light loads the CPU boosts to 4625 at 100% single core game load and 4605 on 2 core at 100% constant load (X4 Foundations) the rest of the cores are working between. 4400 to 4550.

Cinebench is not light load and if you observe the CPU on hwinfo when running it moves around to slower cores.

Soldato
Yes but before that it also didn't have 1.0.0.3 and 1.0.0.4.?
Always XFR is under AMD/CBS/XFR if is missing you need to look at your manual.

It is there on the Asus X370 CH6 and Asrock X570 Taichi. Is part of the CPU functionality that gets disabled when someone tries to manually overclock the CPU or try to put manual power settings to it.

Soldato
Always XFR is under AMD/CBS/XFR if is missing you need to look at your manual.

It is there on the Asus X370 CH6 and Asrock X570 Taichi. Is part of the CPU functionality that gets disabled when someone tries to manually overclock the CPU or try to put manual power settings to it.

+1
It's also in the CH8 bios as well. A reason for things to go missing from a CH6, CH7 or CH8 bios is forgetting the basic rules when clocking. That is, load defaults and then reset. Then do what you need or want to do.

Associate
+1
It's also in the CH8 bios as well. A reason for things to go missing from a CH6, CH7 or CH8 bios is forgetting the basic rules when clocking. That is, load defaults and then reset. Then do what you need or want to do.

Ryzen balance is good enough for me running stock. Memory overclock seems to be better for ryzen anyways,

Dont have XFR on this bios and Im not the only one going by Google search there is no location of AMD/CBS/XFR

Soldato
I too have been running Buildzoids PBO settings and found that they increased my performance by about 5% in Intel Burn test and I gained about 200 points in Cinebench R20.

However randomly found some settings which have increased my scores a further 3% in Intel Burn test and about 120 points in Cinebench R20!

But I can't understand it because the EDC is set very low:

PPT: 300
TDC: 230
EDC: 10
Scalar 5x

Try and it and tell me what happens.

I'm a bit wary to run something that even if it has increased my performance doesn't look right on paper.

Last edited:
Associate
Well according to computerbase.de anything over 230 is bugged.

you gonna bug the sensors amd sets in agesa if set too high or low

if on air set the max limits to 88 60 90 (for 65w cpus) or if you wanna get higher clocks or limits up to 142 95 140 (wich means 105w tdp)

Soldato
Well according to computerbase.de anything over 230 is bugged.

you gonna bug the sensors amd sets in agesa if set too high or low

if on air set the max limits to 88 60 90 (for 65w cpus) or if you wanna get higher clocks or limits up to 142 95 140 (wich means 105w tdp)

PPT: 88
TDC: 60
EDC: 90

Is that correct?

Any reason I can't use the 105w numbers in my 3700x?

---

Ok so I ran those numbers.

The 65w number give me the performance I get at stock with PBO off. And the 105w number give me similar results to buildzoids numbers.

Last edited:
Associate
PPT: 88
TDC: 60
EDC: 90

Is that correct?

Any reason I can't use the 105w numbers in my 3700x?

---

Ok so I ran those numbers.

The 65w number give me the performance I get at stock with PBO off. And the 105w number give me similar results to buildzoids numbers.

There is also a community plan V4 that I'm using with 1.0.0.4B bios, I'm using 142 95 140 with PBO kept til Auto with the 200MHZ auto boost and x5 Scalar.

Temps are lower than ever at 77c

With 2 cores boosting to 4.375mhz

Back
Top Bottom