How to save a LG KU990 Viewty?

Permabanned
So, the story is the following:

I bought a LG Viewty in Summer 2008, several months later its touch panel stopped responding.
I bought a new touch panel for several US dollars and went searching for some service help in the local mobile phones shops. At that time, no one was able to help me, everyone said that it was a lost mission...

Until yesterday... I had five phones to be sent for recycling, including the Viewty which I had no hope to repair.
Something forced me to try it alone - so I took the screw driver and opened it.
After some battle with the internal components, I got an access to the touch panel and fortunately was able to change it with my brand new one which had been waiting patiently for years in its paper mail package (sent from California to Delaware, btw :) )
So, it's a miracle - now I have a Viewty that actually works! :eek:

The thing is that during the procedure I damaged one fragile cable between the two side buttons and I am afraid they are not functioning now. But this is not a problem, because otherwise the phone is still fully functional.

Except, that it wants me to enter a Security Code which I do not remember.

So, how to guess it? The combinations are from 0000 to 9999?

Permabanned
OP
Have you tried 0000?

Several times with result - Invalid security code. And many other combinations as well, the thing is that I cannot get to the keyboard, so I could enter the code 3845#*990# and return the factory defaults - with a SIM card it asks for the Security code, without a SIM card, the only screen that I see is Emergency calls.

Maybe there is another way to call the keyboard without holding the two side buttons?

Soldato
I see, so you know how to factory reset, the issue is the side buttons not working preventing you from opening the keypad and enter the factory reset code.

Without those I have no idea, I'm not familiar with the phone, just going by what it is on Google.

You can pick up another ku990 on an auction site maybe and replace the cable if you're that bothered.

Back
Top Bottom