How to set up RDP on my LAN help with "two PC's one Monitor"

Soldato
Hi Guys,

I posted a question in Windows about sharing two pc's to one Keyboard and Mouse (my monitor has multiple inputs) and someone suggested setting up an RDP with my Work PC (office shutdown/isolation shizzel, need to take my work PC home, but don't have room blah blah blah...)

Anyhew, I know Microsoft removed the RDP stuff from Windows 10 Home (my home PC has this), but my work PC is Windows 10 Pro...

So I thought I'd ask the networking geeks (rather than windows geeks) ::D

Is there a way to RDP into my work PC (if I stick it in another room, headless, on the network) and use it like I'm sat at it, but using my Home PC?? if there is!! how do I set this up!?!

on a side note, I do have Teamviewer (free/private) installed on both machines! will this work locally (without Teamviewer moaning)

Just don't want to have to spend anymore money!

Cheers
Sim.

Soldato
Hello again.

Windows home has the client-side of RPD but not the server-side. Pro does both client and server.

On the Pro machine, you goto Settings -> System -> Remote Desktop and switch it on.

On the other machine find Remote Desktop Connection in the start menu and enter the name/IP address of the PC and then the username and password.

Assuming you aren't locked out of any settings by you company's IP policies that's more-or-less all there is to it.

Back
Top Bottom