1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Un-register Half-Life 2 ?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by pinkacidbootson, 31 Jul 2006.

1. pinkacidbootson

Mobster

I have recently sold HL2 to someone on the MM, but they are having trouble installing it since its registered to me, the original owner. I have uninstalled it, but is there any way allowing someone else to install it on another PC?

2. kdd

Mobster

You have to give them your steam account login details, only way save sending the whole retail package to valve at considerable expense and delay.

3. pinkacidbootson

Mobster

There must be another way? If they use my account then i wouldn't be able to play my copy of Episode One, since thats registered to my account aswell.

Last edited: 1 Aug 2006
  4. hohum

Wise Guy

No other way, when you registered the game on Steam it was tied to your account in the process. The game cannot be registered again to someone else using the same cd key.

5. pinkacidbootson

Mobster

Thats crap. Is it the same for HL2: Episode One? I bought that from a shop aswell so its on a disc.

6. kurtoski06

Gangster

Nope you carnt im afraid thats why you carnt sell HLf2 at like GAME becuase ive tried it lol as ounce its on your system then you obviously dont use the cd lol.

7. DaveyD

Man of Honour

The buyer can get your key unregistered by taking it to valve, proving that they own the CD key and DVD now, but this can take a little time. Steam states in the EULA that you can not just unregister the game, as all games you buy are then tied to that account.

8. Bezinator

Gangster

Also note when people sell SteamID's on Ebay they blank some digits out as Steam Ban all ips on that SteamID or something.

9. Alty

Wise Guy

i thought i heard somewhere that there is a fee to unregister games from a steam account to use them in someone elses.