How to without a floppy

Associate
I'm using partitionmagic 7 and I'm trying to make some rescue floppy disc's but my floppy disc drive has gone **** up, some new PC's come without a floppy DD so how do you make a rescue disk without a floppy DD, I'm hoping the answer will be CD or DVD, but how?

Help

Associate
OP
Thanks MNuTz, I’ve managed to write the rescue files to a USB memory pen but I can't boot from it, I’ve had a look in the CMOS and BIOS setup and can't see anything obvious, I tried a few different first boot scenario’s but no luck yet, what should I look for and/or change.

Thanks

Nuked

Soldato
does the USB memory stick have a little flick switch on it? Its not the lock one, but some have 2 different partitions, A FDD partition and it reconises as a USB FDD and if you flick the switch you have the HDD partition and just reconises and a mass storage device!

Associate
OP
It's no strictly a USB pen, it's a USB thingabe wotsit pen type card driver thing that I just inserted my 1gig MMcard in, is this the wrong thing to use or should it still work?

Associate
you need to make the usb pen bootable - just like when you burn stuff to cd. and it should work ok. also, you need to make sure that your bios can boot from usb devices (look in your manual, and it should say).

there some very good guides on booting from usb drivers if you google them... :)

Back
Top Bottom